Thermostat configuration question on an Empress Pellet stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dhunter_02

Aug 16, 2008
Wyoming
Last year our circuit board went out in our Envior Empress Free standing. We got a new board and tryed to hook up the thermostat and it won't power the stove. We have went out and bought a new digital one but still doesnt seem to work. I've looked at the technical manual and it has a flip switch for either auto on/off, manual or hi/low. Now I dont have anything like that on mine, all i have is two sets of prongs on the back which i think might be it, but also have no idea where it should be bridged at. Now there are two rows, the bottom row has (5) prongs and the top row has (4) prongs and Im looking for it to be the auto on/off setting. If anyone could help me with this I would be greatful. Would be nice to have heat all the time this year before it snows!

There is a jumper on the board it self you must change to change to a different mode. I will snap some pics tomorrow and post them on here. Also look for the newer owners manual it also has the correct settings in there.

Hi,
I was wondering if you had those pics of the config for the jumper board. My husband and I have a empress freestanding and our manual has the mode switch but our stove doesn't. We want to set it up with a thermostat.
Thanks

Dooh totally forgot about this thread, will have them for your tomorrow

Here is a picture showing the jumper in the hi-low setting. To go to thermostat setting move the jumper to the set of pins to the right.

If you need a picture with more detail or resolution let me know, and sorry for the delay!

Attachments

• jumper1 copy (Large).jpg
    jumper1 copy (Large).jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 385
Status
Not open for further replies.