Thermostat control on analog p24

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

nhyrum

Dec 6, 2016
loc
I have an older('94 I believe) p24 free standing unit with the older, analog control panel that is hooked to a thermostat.

I'm confused about how it operates with the thermostat. It won't shut off, or even throttle down any, and just blow by the thermostat temp. I believe I read somewhere, that fit the digital control panel models it can't be on the highest 2 settings, but since it's been below 0,and closer to 20 below for the past two weeks, it's been running full blast, all day just to keep up.

My father in law has a quadra fire (a considerably larger unit) that will fully shut off after reaching temp, and starting up again below temp.

How does the thermostat control this unit? I can't find any manuals that cover the analog control panel, and breckwell told me to get the digital panel *click*. Will it just throttle down, or turn off?

Page 6, section 3.5 of this 1991 manual. It should idle down to level 1 ... May just have to live with the beast or invest in the new control board

Attachments

• Breckwell P24 Blazer 1991.pdf
    346 KB · Views: 240
Last edited:
I may have to invest in a panel. That control panel is even more different than what I have. Flip it 180 and instead of saying "thermostat" it says manual feed. That's the first manual I've seen that doesn't have the digital panel. And I swear I have a 91 manual

It is a breckwell panel I have now too.