thermostat for my EF3 2001 model

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TODJ2002

Nov 4, 2010
UPSTATE NY
hey guys, I posted here once before to see if anyone could help me find a thermostat for my pellet stove. I have been doing lots of looking and making phone calls, and seems nobody has a clue. The only thing I see is what I mentioned in my previous thread, the EF-152. see this link. http://woodheatstoves.com/ef23-thermostat-interface-p-9900.html Is this my only option? hate to spend $500 on a thermostat, geez. but also seems it would be much more cost effective to have the stove shut down when room temp was reached. and thats another question. will this $500 gadget shut the stove down or just set to low operation? does anybody have any info on this part or putting in the circut board that allows for thermostat install? PLEASE HELP!!!!!!! also i dare u to call the number at that web site and ask about that specific part. absolutely no help whatsoever. a woman who was pretty much rude and had no clue. also she told me that dave would have to help me and he is on another line. really, just her and dave running the show? and dave never contacted me back, thanks dave.

also this is in the manual i found online to install a thermostat on the circuit board model. but i do not have the circuit board, can i get one?

THERMOSTAT INSTALLATION - CIRCUIT BOARD MODEL ONLY:
If the unit has been placed in the HI / LOW mode, the unit will be taken to a low or idle setting when the thermostat is not calling for heat. When the thermostat calls for heat, the unit will go to the setting that is displayed on the control board Heat Indicator. If the heating load is not great enough when the stove is on low, the high limit switch will turn the stove off and the switch will have to be manually reset. To reset the high limit switch, remove the right cabinet side. The switch is found behind the control panel. Avoid setting off the high limit switch.
A) HI / LOW:
When the jumper is placed on only one of the J9 pins, then the control board is in a HI / LOW mode of thermostat operation (factory setting).
B) ON / OFF:
If both pins of J9 are jumped (covered), the control board is in an ON / OFF mode of thermostat operation.
Remove jumper wire and install thermostat wires here
Figure 36: Circuit Board.
This control board can be placed into two different modes: When the jumper J9 is not jumped then the control board is in a HI / LOW mode operation. If the control board is placed with J9 jumped then the control board is in a ON / OFF mode of operation. In the ON /OFF thermostat mode, the unit will shut OFF when the thermostat is not calling for heat. When the thermostat calls for heat, the unit will go through an ignition sequence once again and relight.
1. Install the wall thermostat in a location that is not to close too the unit but will effectively heat the desired area.
2. Install a 12 or 24 Volt Thermostat using an 18 x 2 gauge wire from the unit to the thermostat.

Status
Not open for further replies.