Thermostat on Gas Insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cultcab

Feb 15, 2008
Northern California
I have a Quadrafire DVI32 gas insert and I'm having problems with the thermostat. The insert can be turned on manually with the on/off switch and then there's an alternative way to turn it on (which we have always used) where the switch is kept on all the time and the thermostat is kept at 0 (or it's lowest setting). When the thermostat is turned on to a temperature higher than the room temp, then the insert comes on.

My problem is that recently the insert will come on when the thermostat is turned on but then it shuts off intermittently (every few seconds). Is this sympomatic of a faulty thermostat, or could the wiring be more suspicious?

Either the thermostat is going bad or there is a loose wire connector isolated to the stats circuit.

Does this problem ONLY occur when using the stat? If you manually turn it on does it run fine?

The the problem is most likely what I said above.

Status
Not open for further replies.