Thermostat Opinions for Englander 25-PDV

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

joefraser

Oct 4, 2009
Somersworth,NH
I am thinking about hooking up a thermostat on my Englander 25-PDV. Has anyone used one with this model? I know it doesn't turn the stove on and off but puts it in "idle" not sure if that means 1 setting or not. Also does it control the fan as it goes up as well?

If it matters I am heating a large area so the stove will be used heavily in the cold months. My guess is the thermostat works better in a room that the stove heats easier.

Does everyone suggest the thermostat off the Englander page or will most work fine?

I'd like to see how others have wired their t-stats into their stoves... I want to FINALLY install the T-stat I've had for three years but I'd like to see a photo or two of a good installation.

krooser said:
I'd like to see how others have wired their t-stats into their stoves... I want to FINALLY install the T-stat I've had for three years but I'd like to see a photo or two of a good installation.

Krooser, what kinds of pics do you mean? The stat mounted on the wall, or the wiring to the stat, or what?....I'm cornfused...

macman said:
krooser said:

Krooser, what kinds of pics do you mean? The stat mounted on the wall, or the wiring to the stat, or what?....I'm cornfused...

Wiring to the stove... I really don't want just one "wire" dangling in the wind...

Status
Not open for further replies.