Thermostat question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fencer11

Dec 24, 2009
Western Mass
Hi guys , I'm a newby here with a question about thermostat wiring. Recently moved into this house, it's setup with an oil boiler and a Riteway wood furnace connected to it. The guy that lived here before me worked for the gas co. and changed the oil to gas. When he left, he put the oil burner back in, but never gave it a test drive (does'nt work) There are no wires connected to the "T" terminals on the oil burner, so the only way I can get the oil burner to run is by jumping the "T" terminals. Fortunately, we have been using just the wood boiler and everthing works o.k., zone valves open and close as they should. But now that it is getting colder, I would like to get the oil burner working properly. There are 2 relays, 2 thermostats. One of the relays is for the DHW. I am no wiring or boiler genious and need help on where the "T" terminals should be connected, any links to diagrams??
Thanks for any help.

I find that todays amount of on-line information is perfect for finding out what you need. It is a lot safer to take the make and model of your thermostat or burner and download the manufactures installation manual. Then the facts are straight from the horses mouth.

If you get stuck post the make and model.

Although I would probably try to fix it myself, I would try to get in touch with a heathing / boiler professional and have them give you instructions or fix it for you. I know there are a lot of pros here on the forum, but having someone take a look at it first hand is probably the best thing. No offence to the professionals here in the forum, don't mean to step on your toes if I did.

Status
Not open for further replies.