Thermostat question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jgcable

Jan 24, 2010
Milford, CT
I have a pellet insert on my first floor. The thermostat for the house that controls my gas fired steam radiators is located about 10' from the pellet insert on the 1st floor. The problem I am having is when I have the pellet stove on the 1st floor gets too hot and the thermostat never kicks the furnace on so 2nd floor where all the bedrooms are don't get any heat. What I want to do is add another thermostat upstairs in parallel to the thermostat downstairs.
This way I can have my pellet stove on downstairs and the furnace on to heat the radiators upstairs. When I don't have my pellet stove on I can still control the furnace with the 1st floor thermostat.

Does this sound logical or is there a better way to do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.