1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kykel

kykel Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    long Island
    Can I switch between manual and high low while stove is rinning. I hooked up thermostat that came with stove but doesnt seem to work

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Standish, ME
    No usually the controller only looks at that switch during the power on sequence.
  3. kykel

kykel Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    long Island
    thanks smokey ill shut down and give it a try
  4. jtakeman

jtakeman Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northwestern CT.
    Only issue I had with mine was if you want the hi/lo mode the stove has to be running. With stove off and set to hi/lo it doesn't come on with the stat.

I have gone from Auto/Off to hi/lo on the fly. I do it when I get home from work. I run hi/lo at night. I do shut stove down before I leave for work(slide switch to manual and hit on/off button) I then slide the switch to Auto/off(stove's in shutdown mode and stat is not calling). It seems to work fine for me. Stove is always on when I come home.

One thing to "not" do is hit the on/off switch when its in Hi/Lo or Auto/Off mode. The stove goes thru a complete restart and you get a big fire! Always put the switch in manual and then hit On/Off button. Scared the crickets out of member flamegrabber with his Omega! I think it says this in the manual.
  5. Brianm58

Brianm58 New Member

Loc:
    Southeastern MA
    Question regarding T-Stat on the M55. I have mine hooked up to programable T-stat when the thermostat calls for more heat should the heat setting lights move up & down? I have the heat setting on #2 during the day & set @ 66, when it kicks in @ 3PM to go to 70 the heat coming from the stove jumps up, but the light stays @ #2. Does this make sense?
    Thanks
  6. jtakeman

jtakeman Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northwestern CT.
    If you running hi/lo mode? Yes makes sense to me. The hi setting stays on as displayed heat level. Lo is a given, It doesn't get displayed. But you'll know when its on low because it has a very small flame.
  7. kykel

kykel Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    long Island
    Been trying to find out exactly how thermostat works with my m55cast. Came home today and turned stove on in manual mode. Then put it in hi / lo mode. didnt seem to do anything. Went out to dinner. came home and stove was on low. turned thermostat up and stove ramped up. so I guess you can start in manual and then switch modes.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.