thermostat

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kykel

Feeling the Heat
Jan 4, 2009
long Island
Can I switch between manual and high low while stove is rinning. I hooked up thermostat that came with stove but doesnt seem to work

kykel said:
Can I switch between manual and high low while stove is rinning. I hooked up thermostat that came with stove but doesnt seem to work

No usually the controller only looks at that switch during the power on sequence.

thanks smokey ill shut down and give it a try

Only issue I had with mine was if you want the hi/lo mode the stove has to be running. With stove off and set to hi/lo it doesn't come on with the stat.

I have gone from Auto/Off to hi/lo on the fly. I do it when I get home from work. I run hi/lo at night. I do shut stove down before I leave for work(slide switch to manual and hit on/off button) I then slide the switch to Auto/off(stove's in shutdown mode and stat is not calling). It seems to work fine for me. Stove is always on when I come home.

One thing to "not" do is hit the on/off switch when its in Hi/Lo or Auto/Off mode. The stove goes thru a complete restart and you get a big fire! Always put the switch in manual and then hit On/Off button. Scared the crickets out of member flamegrabber with his Omega! I think it says this in the manual.

Question regarding T-Stat on the M55. I have mine hooked up to programable T-stat when the thermostat calls for more heat should the heat setting lights move up & down? I have the heat setting on #2 during the day & set @ 66, when it kicks in @ 3PM to go to 70 the heat coming from the stove jumps up, but the light stays @ #2. Does this make sense?
Thanks

Brianm58 said:
Question regarding T-Stat on the M55. I have mine hooked up to programable T-stat when the thermostat calls for more heat should the heat setting lights move up & down? I have the heat setting on #2 during the day & set @ 66, when it kicks in @ 3PM to go to 70 the heat coming from the stove jumps up, but the light stays @ #2. Does this make sense?
Thanks

If you running hi/lo mode? Yes makes sense to me. The hi setting stays on as displayed heat level. Lo is a given, It doesn't get displayed. But you'll know when its on low because it has a very small flame.

Been trying to find out exactly how thermostat works with my m55cast. Came home today and turned stove on in manual mode. Then put it in hi / lo mode. didnt seem to do anything. Went out to dinner. came home and stove was on low. turned thermostat up and stove ramped up. so I guess you can start in manual and then switch modes.

Status
Not open for further replies.