thermostats

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Installed a skytech 3301p wireless t-stat when i installed the stove and couldn't be happier! Its a programable so it has the house warmed in the morning and sets back during the day, warms it up again in the evening and lowers again at bed time. I just keep my gas monster t-stat set a few degrees lower than the lowest setting on the pellet stove t-stat just incase it should fail to refire! It always has! Have not used a gallon of LP gas since i went to pellets!!!!! Love not seeing the gas man come down the driveway! ;-)

i have run my breakwell for 4 years now on a tstat on/off mode from day one clean 1 a week need or not stir pot once every day no problems . 1 igniter i replaced by me.havent hook up my other stove to a tsat yet. summer heat /new englander it just has high/low dont no if it worth it for high low? on off big pellet savings for sure .

My Summers Heat is made for a 2000 sq ft house, so was getting hot enough to force me to shut it off in the evenings, and still have to open the outside door even when it was freezing outside! My house is only 1100 ft. Along with that I was not running the stove during the day while I was at work, so the electric heaters where coming on during the day to maintain the house at about 55 or 60 degrees, which meant I really had to crank it up to get warmed up once I got home.... then I put a thermostat in. It's in on/off mode, and set for 72 degrees all the time. I can't say that I used less bags in a week, but my electric bill dropped like a rock! And the house stayed an even temp all the time. AND I didn't have to open the door any more to keep from sweating to death. It's great! Much more efficient way to run the stove. I resisted putting one on at first because I wanted to be able to watch the flames in the evening (like a regular wood fire), but after fighting heat stroke off for 2 months it won me over. :red:

Status
Not open for further replies.