These pictures are not mine!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Backwoods Savage

Minister of Fire
Feb 14, 2007
Michigan
I'll bet some thought nasty thoughts when they saw the title of this thread. lol

These are pictures of wood piles that Beetle-Kill has. I just posted them for him.

132.gif

131.gif

Cool, thanks Dennis. I thought she sent different photos, kinda had me worried for a sec. %-P As of now, the row is almost full, from the partial stack in the pic. to the bigger stack.

BK, What are you burning that in? I can't remember what you have, but some of those rounds and splits look pretty big.

Nice piles, BTW, I love seeing pics of stacked wood!!!

Hey Danno, new BKK going in as soon as the new hearth is finished. The stacks aint purty, but they haven't fallen over yet ;-)

The wood is nice, but get a better picture of the jeep. What model/year?

last one of a long line- '73 CJ-6. Spring over w/ scout D-44's. has a minor wiring issue, but should be back in shape prior to hunting season.

Backwoods Savage said:
I'll bet some thought nasty thoughts when they saw the title of this thread. lol

These are pictures of wood piles that Beetle-Kill has. I just posted them for him.

132.gif

131.gif

Sav you and Beetle-Kill going in business together? Beetle-Kill nice stacks of wood.

zap

Zap, we can't go into business together just yet. Beetle-Kill still uses the t-posts for his ends. Guess I'll have to head out there to teach him. lol

Aw shucks Sav, T-posts aren't that bad ;-) Plus it's way too much fun watching my wife try and drive 'em in with a sledgehammer.

Oh yikes! That is an awful way to drive t-posts. A post driver is the only way to go with those things. Still, watching the wife might be interesting!

It was too funny. She had a step ladder set up, post in one hand and sledge in the other. Tink, Tink, tink..hit a rock. More tinking, then a rest. looks at me with a "Phew!" look on her face. More tinking. After a bit, I said " Hey, use that thing." she goes "What thing?" - I said- ...wait for it.... that T-post driver under the ladder! I was in the doghouse for a while, but well worth it.

A CJ-6? I rebuilt a 74 CJ-5 which is what that looks like. I didn't know that they made a 6.

What's wrong with t-bars to hold up the row ends? I've been considering using T-bars instead of the criss crossed ends. Only negative I can see is that the covering won't go down that side.

Highbeam, I think they stopped making the 6 in '75. it's a 20" longer wheelbase than a 5. Have you ever seen "Hatari" w/ John Wayne? The long W/B chase vehicles were pre-73 CJ6's. I'll not bore you with spec.'s, but off-road, that extra 20" will make you a convert to the longer W/B.

Highbeam said:
...What's wrong with t-bars to hold up the row ends? I've been considering using T-bars instead of the criss crossed ends. Only negative I can see is that the covering won't go down that side.
Isn't anything wrong with it. My own experience has lead me to have a PAIR of them on each end. when stacked all nice and full they stay fairly well, but when I get to one end or the other the aren't very stable. I get them for free from my parent's farm, though, so if I had to pay for them I might not use two at each end (not that they are all that expensive)

I am familiar with the CJ8 scramblers though. And of course the CJ7s that began in the later 70s. I really really learned to dislike the short whellbase CJ5 in the snow. That bugger would spin around easy!

75 cj5 here. Got a 72 Jeepster Commando 232 in it. The original motor is in the shed. Jeeps are cool.

Ponyboync- 232? Must be an I-6, correct? I love Commandos, especially w/ the 231 V-6, & T-400. Our accountant has a commando, she considers it her 3rd. child. Probably likes it more than #'s 1 and 2. Highbeam, the "6" has the same w/b as the CJ-8, 104". I just sold an '82 Scrambler, so the "6" is my last one, until I find a CJ-2A, or 3A. Or a decent Toy. FJ-40, post '77, or a ........I'm stupid.

Highbeam said:
What's wrong with t-bars to hold up the row ends? I've been considering using T-bars instead of the criss crossed ends. Only negative I can see is that the covering won't go down that side.

It's just a hangup of mine. Why use good fence posts when they are not needed? Just learn how to build a strong stack of wood and you won't be driving posts. I do agree on the covering of the ends; hard to do with a fence post in your way.

Here's how we do it. These stacks won't fall over.
Wood-2009e.gif

Beetle-Kill said:
Ponyboync- 232? Must be an I-6, correct? I love Commandos, especially w/ the 231 V-6, & T-400. Our accountant has a commando, she considers it her 3rd. child. Probably likes it more than #'s 1 and 2. Highbeam, the "6" has the same w/b as the CJ-8, 104". I just sold an '82 Scrambler, so the "6" is my last one, until I find a CJ-2A, or 3A. Or a decent Toy. FJ-40, post '77, or a ........I'm stupid.

Yes sir, the 232 is a straight 6. Tough motors. Easy and fun to work on.

Status
Not open for further replies.