They have pellets...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shortstuff

Feeling the Heat
Jun 5, 2008
Southeastern MA
I know that there are some who have their new stoves but having difficulty finding pellets. I thought it might be a good idea for anyone who has seen or knows for sure who may have pellets available at any given time can post it here so anyone living nearby who needs pellets at least has a source to check out.

For example, this morning I was at the Home Depot in Bellingham and they had a full pallet sitting right outside by the main entrance for $250.00 per ton. I was in a hurry and didn't have a chance to either look around inside for more pallets or ask someone where they keep them, so I don't know if they have any more than that, but you can always call them. Another place called the Pumpkin Seed (an agricultural type store) has pellets also (in Bellingham).

Again, just sharing what I know. I haven't received my own order of pellets yet, but was promised September delivery (keeping my fingers crossed). If anyone else knows of places near you that actually have pellets available, post it here to help out other fellow members who are in need of pellets.

Steve

Carr Hardware in Pittsfield Ma has at least half a trailer load sitting in their yard. They deliver free.
They also have Englander stoves on the floor. Smaller one at $1499 and the larger one at $1999. Might be last season stock.
John

Man $250 a ton. We got an offer by a guy almost to IL (Southern WI) for $189 a ton. If he doesn't get a full truckload of orders it will be $200 a ton. We are going to go pick it up though. He is out in Juda, WI if anyone is interested I can get more info. Our pickup is for next week 7/23

$19.99 you can rent their 1.5 ton pickup for an hour. Or they will delivery curbside for $50 (that's what it here anyway, that can vary).

Found out what they are getting in.
"Freedom Fuel Premium Pellets - Pres-to-logs"

Googled it - made by Lignetics

Anyone ever use them?

phil san said:

Anyone ever use them?

Got a link for us?

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs...angId;=-1&catalogId=10053&productId=100577691

But the picture is not "freedom fuel" the following is a link to freedom fuel

http://www.freedomfuelusa.net/

says they are softwood, and from:
Nature's Earth Pellet Energy, LLC.

2200 North Florida Mango Road - Suite 200
West Palm Beach, Florida 33409
Phone: (561) 688-7393 Ext. 103
Toll Free: 800-749-7463
Fax (561) 688-2125

So thats decieving on home depot's part... leading you to think you are buying lignetics

As printed in Home Depots advertisement...............recycable ????? They need spell check.

also from their description...

"Your home insurance may cost less wit a pellet stove "

Lol, what tools

Happened in the local farm store in Marion Iowa today they have pre order for 174.50 ton their brand no other info they had sign up sheets all over the store. Not really "in stock" but in Iowa today they were not needed very humid and warm.

Giovanni said:
Carr Hardware in Pittsfield Ma has at least half a trailer load sitting in their yard. They deliver free.
They also have Englander stoves on the floor. Smaller one at $1499 and the larger one at $1999. Might be last season stock.
John

John,
Any idea how much per ton Carr is charging? Central tractor is $240 prepay ( not in stock- they SAY they have 1100 ton on order) but of course thats pick up not delivered.

I burned 2 tons of Freedom fuel last year they burned very dirty with a lot of black Ash paid $224.00 a ton in the winter, around here that was a good price, when I purchased them they did not have The Pellet Institute stamp on them, but I think now they do.

phil san said:

Anyone ever use them?

I used some last year..they were the only ones I could find late in the season.
They were pine..softwood...burned up much faster than the hardwood I used ..till I ran out of the hardwoods.

rayttt said:
phil san said:

Anyone ever use them?

They were pine..softwood...burned up much faster than the hardwood I used ..till I ran out of the hardwoods.

Actually Pre-to-logs are hard wood not soft.
LIGNETICS INC.
P.O. Box 1706, Sandpoint, ID 83864;
(800) 544-3834; fax (208) 263-9292.
sales account manager.
E-mail: [email protected]
Web site: www.lignetics.com
Sold under brand names: Lignetics,
Pres-to-Log. Grade: premium.
Source: Red Fir, Oak. BD: Min. 42
lbs. cu/ft. FC: Less than .2%. IAC:
Less than 1%. SC: Less than 200 ppm.
Diameter: 1/4”. Length: 1”.
Available: entire U.S.; by truck; by
truck (PC); quotes FOB at plant;
quotes delivery to specific area; minimum
delivery: Truck Load.
Packaging: fifty 40lb. bags/pallet;
bulk. BTU (Dry Basis): 8,500.

i have pres-to-logs.they are a hard wood and are doing very well this season(4 bags).

ilovemystove said:
rayttt said:
phil san said:

Anyone ever use them?

LIGNETICS INC.
sales account manager.

Ok, says there they are made from Red Fir and Oak, isn't Red Fir an evergreen and therefore softwood?
Does the bag specifically say hardwood??? Seems to me Red Fir and oak would make these pellets a mix!

bigtrout said:
ilovemystove said:
rayttt said:
phil san said:

Anyone ever use them?

LIGNETICS INC.
sales account manager.

Ok, says there they are made from Red Fir and Oak, isn't Red Fir an evergreen and therefore softwood?
Does the bag specifically say hardwood??? Seems to me Red Fir and oak would make these pellets a mix!

it says "made from the finest hardwood saw dust" i just looked at a bag.

Driving down the Berlin Turnpike today in CT and saw-$349.00 a ton, not including delivery. Can't describe how that makes me feel. Why is it that CT has some of the most outrageous prices, when you can sidestep a state or two and find them under 275.00 and as low as 250.00 a ton. It has to be the greed of the local distributors cause they are all getting these pellets from the same sources as the neighboring states. Pathetic to think how they treat potential long term customers. Got mine in June for 279.00 a ton, and for right now that will be source till they try and gouge the customer as well. Nothing worse than being put over a barrel.

bungalobob said:
Driving down the Berlin Turnpike today in CT and saw-$349.00 a ton, not including delivery. Can't describe how that makes me feel. Why is it that CT has some of the most outrageous prices, .

Its that we are taxed alot to feed a HUGE CORRUPTED State gov & CORRUPTED state courts.nothing more.

bigtrout said:
ilovemystove said:
rayttt said:
phil san said:

Anyone ever use them?

LIGNETICS INC.
sales account manager.

You are right. I looked at the bag also and it clearly says "Hard wood" Yet the Red fir according to what i read is a "hard soft wood" lol makes no sense. So its part hard soft wood and part hard wood which makes it? a medimum hard wood? :snake: lol

Status
Not open for further replies.