We've raised the house to solve a multitude of problems. The lift went well. They terrorized the house the day before yesterday, and then yesterday, up it went. Estimated weight about 65 tons all sitting on 3 - 40ft. x 12" ibeams. We're 4 feet in the air for the next 3 weeks. Plumbing is now reconnected and we built a bridge to get into the house. Today will be cleanup and assesment. Excavator comes tomorrow. We should be pouring footings by the middle of next week. The timing was good, both for the weather and confirming the rot I suspected was happening due to the lack of any protective flashing before they put in the patio. We got to the decay just in time. The front sill will need a rebuild, but all in all the house is in good shape. Every 2x10 fir floor joist is one solid piece, 36 ft long! Driving a nail into one is like pounding on iron. We expect to return to the new foundation in 3 weeks. When it comes down, the house will sit 2 3 ft. higher. Then we get into landscaping to make it all look right again. Insulation, window replacement and overall weather tightning will be happening too.