Things are looking up!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chad S.

Nov 27, 2007
West Bend WI
Yes, I do have a broken (and pinned) hand but with help from others things are looking great and progressing quickly (although with TWO hands I would have been burning already). Got the old chase from the basement ripped out and the pointless half-wall. Chimney is going in the same spot and it is framed out, and taped off on the inside, just needs the pipe through the roof and it flashed in (my best bud is a roofer). Dining room tile is now tied into the living room and waiting for the carpet installers to put the living room carpet back down against the newly tiled floor (by me single handedly!). All I have to do is build the hearth and hook it up! Hopefully 2-3 weeks I'll be burnin' and learnin'. Another cool thing is my best bud bought a house a while back and I helped him remove a woodstove (5 or so years ago) and it is a jotul black bear! He said "its sitting in my garage get the thing outta here!" Took him a while but cool! Now I already have plans for the basement heat even though the main floor isn't done yet! Pics are coming, I just need SWMBO to post them for me cause I am not completely internet savvy yet, heck I can barely even type!

Good to hear! I bet your itchin bad to get burnin but taking your time and thinking things through could be better in the long run.

Two things:
1) The multi-stove cult adds another member!

2) Um... How did you mangle your hand?

Did my right hand in at work. I am a trash man and was moving one of those 2yd cans on wheels and ended up smashing my hand between the can and an vertical support I-beam in an under-groung parking garage. It was Friday Dec. 18th (the day the stove was shipped) and I was working ahead into the coming holiday and working a little faster than I should have (I was bout 1.5-2 hours ahead of my weekly schedule) and after doing this account for the thousandth time BAM!!!!!!! OH chit!!!!!!!!!!! Hurt pretty bad (just imagine about 3-400 lbs smashing against your hand at a brisk walking speed) and I knew it was broke right away. Oh well, happens to just about every commercial rear-load refuse driver at one (OR TWO!! :red: times) in their lives! VERY unpleasent indeed.

The jotul probably won't be hooked up for quite a while cause he moved 180 miles from me and we see each other not very often. He owns a auto glass co. and works 65+ a week and I pick up trash and work 55+ a week so not much time, but in a few years I'll get her done.

Hopefully in 2-3 weeks I'll be asking for advice on how to use my ne fireview :coolsmile:

Status
Not open for further replies.