Things I like about the biomass units

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

taxidermist

Minister of Fire
Mar 11, 2008
Fowlerville MI
I got to see a bio 60 in use the other day while working on sunshinetreefrogs boiler here are some of the things that I really liked about this unit.

Rubber door seals

Draft inducer built in

Hinged fan door and primary cover (no more removing screws)

1 primary fan

6" exauste

secondary refractory block that forces all the heat forward then around to the back

Clean out doors at bottom of the heat tubes on both sides

1 nozzle

Peep hole in secondary chamber

I was a little concerned about buying a Biomass 40 with all the EKO owners here. I made a good choice it is a fine unit. It is negative draft boiler and you don't get smoked out when you open the door too. I just found that you need to be protestant about cleaning it monthly, the fine ash builds up in the clean out compartment below heat tubes where it is suppose to and some ash gets sucked out into the stack and into the chimney. I have my tank bypassed right now and it is doing a great job maintaining the boiler temperature in my series setup and cycling when needed also using very little wood too! I hope heating season will be over soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.