Things That Make You Go "What?"

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

porkweez

Nov 9, 2014
NC
VIENNA (AP) — Austrian police investigating a grenade blast were less puzzled by the explosion and more by where it took place — inside a wood stove that appeared to contain nothing but firewood.

The woman who owned the wood burner also had no clue at first. After all, she only put firewood inside.

Or so she thought.

Police spokeswoman Petra Datscher said Monday a World War II grenade apparently landed on a tree during fighting. It was then enveloped by wood growing around it to the point that it was invisible when the tree was chopped down for firewood and sold to the supermarket where the unidentified 22-year-old woman bought it.

The blast Sunday in the lakeside town of Gmunden shattered the stove's glass panel, but the sturdy wrought-iron stove prevented injuries.

Reactions: Ashful
when she describes her stove as bomb proof she will mean it!

That is crazy though.

Having a sense of deja vu here . . . almost as if there was a thread or two on this topic just last week. ;) Amusing story nonetheless . . . since it didn't happen to me.

Having a sense of deja vu here . . . almost as if there was a thread or two on this topic just last week. ;) Amusing story nonetheless . . . since it didn't happen to me.

I somehow missed them. Would explain how someone could post about a grenade going off in a wood stove and know one responded though.

Austrian Super Cedar?

Arnold did it.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I have hit bullets with my chain saw when cutting trees. Nothing explosive though.

"what"?

1361497899_arsenio.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.