Think I did OK - New Husky

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mikey517

Burning Hunk
Hearth Supporter
Dec 27, 2010
Highland Lakes, New Jersey
About 3 weeks ago I was at my local saw shop pricing out a Stihl MS391. I wanted to add a bigger saw to compliment my Husky 353 18" as I fell into a bonanza of wood (mostly ash with some oak & maple) that will keep me cutting 'till at least next summer. When the wife saw the site, she remarked "You probably need a bigger saw."

There were no 391's in stock, and the MS362 was $699 with a 20" bar I got to BS'n with the owner and mentioned that I would have liked to have gotten the Husky 365XT before they disappeared. He went to his computer, found 2 in the system, and made me a deal - $700 out the door (less tax) with a 24" bar. I passed at the time, thinking that at my age, it was an extravagance I couldn't afford.

Last Tuesday, my 353 springs a bad oil leak, and in it goes, with a turn around of 1 /12 - 2 weeks. I call the owner on Friday - he remembered the deal. He found another new 365 XT with 24" bar. He gave me the same deal, and I can finance through them. Should get it by Wednesday next.

so, I think I did OK? Happier with a 70cc Husky than with a 60cc Stihl (nothing against Stihl or the 362). Now, I've got a 3 saw plan; Husky 240 for kindling, Husky 353 & 365XT.

Feedback or things to look for in the 365? Pictures when I get the saw in my old wrinkled hands!!

(ps...the wife approves; she loves to be warm)

If you are happy, then you did good. Congrats on the new saw. I don't know much about the 365 other than it being a close cousin to the 372xp. IIRC I've read they can be modded to run as strong as the 372xp. Definitely give us some pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.