Think i goofed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

urkiddin

Dec 3, 2009
Southwest Vt.
Picked up 12 bags of North American pellets at the local TSC today. After reading about them here I think I should not have done that. A local hardware store is selling Dry Creek at $209 a ton. Is anyone burning these?

I tried Dry Creek last year. I would not consider the batch I burned an ultra premium pellet, but it wasn't complete junk. I have not tried burning any of the TSC pellets, but I would hazard a guess that the Dry Creeks are at least as good if not marginally better. This year I am burning the Fireside Ultras from Home Depot. I started the season with 3 tons and only have a half ton left. I just ordered another 3 tons of them because I had good luck with the first batch (date code August 2013). In central Mass they are $219 a ton. I cannot complain at all at their performance and if that is an option up your way, you may want to look into it. Great heat and fairly clean for a cheap pellet, substantially better than the Dry Creeks for only a $10 per ton difference. And I have seen people on here from upstate NY post that the Fireside Ultras are $209 a ton out that way, so you might even be lucky in your neck of the woods.

I didn't like the dry creeks. Too much ash.

I am glad I'm done with my ton of Dry Creek. . Lots of ash and clinkers

Status
Not open for further replies.