think i would be happy with one of the US stove models

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ad356

Dec 25, 2009
north java, ny
well I don't think im going to buy a used stove. not really going to save that much money there and would end up with possibly a great stove but one that has already seen 20 years or more service. I wanted to get an Englander but I don't have a truck and the nearest homedepot is 20+ miles away. I need to get it delved or borrow a truck

there is a tractor supply in next town over, its allot closer to home. I would have no problem getting a pickup truck to go a few miles but 20+ is going to be stretching it.

so how good are the us s e wood stoves/ would I be satisfied with a country hearth 200.

are they well built and are they made here and not in china?

Given that it seems that 99% of things in TSC are made in China, including their cast iron cookware, I'm thinking it's a good bet that the stoves are too. I thought I recalled reading that they were somewhere as well but I can't be sure.

Not sure but I believe there are some threads on here about the stove you are looking at - try a search?

Beyond that, if you are looking to install your primary heat source for your home 20miles and a borrowed or rented truck - should be rather economical and translated over 5/10 even 20 years will be a non-issue. Get the stove you feel best about if this is the only deciding factor. Could even rent a trailer - which would make unloading the 30 much easier. It's a heavy load to get out of a pick up.

This is all coming from a guy who has to drive nearly 20 miles for groceries.

Reactions: eclecticcottage
Status
Not open for further replies.