Think there is any chance...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
burntime said:
I've got one. I was just hoping to find out NOW if it will season by THEN. I am splitting small so it should help the process along some.

Yep, you know the routine. Split small, Get'er stacked in the sun wind. Keep stacks space apart. Cover the tops and hope for the best.

I have a greenhouse that I am not using this season, I was even tempted to stack 2 cord in there!!!

burntime said:
I have a greenhouse that I am not using this season, I was even tempted to stack 2 cord in there!!!

As long as you can keep it well ventilated, you might be on to something there. Of course you will have to rename it from a green house to a kiln.

As a side thought - you may not get the results you are hoping for. You will be giving up wind and gaining heat. Not sure which one is gonna be better.

Jags said:
burntime said:

As long as you can keep it well ventilated, you might be on to something there. Of course you will have to rename it from a green house to a kiln.

As a side thought - you may not get the results you are hoping for. You will be giving up wind and gaining heat. Not sure which one is gonna be better.

From my experience, wind is more important. My wood seasoned noticeably from early April to late May, when the temperatures weren't so high here in VT, but the wind just blows and blows.

Status
Not open for further replies.