thinkin' on buying summer's heat (englander) 50-SNC30 Yes? No?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Missjules

Dec 9, 2007
Massachusetts
Hello,
I am a prodigal daughter when it comes to woodburning. I grew up in a wood burning home but I have not burned for nearly 20 years. After much research I think I'm ready to take the plunge but I want to run my choice past y'all BEFORE I buy:

What I'm looking for in a wood stove: Inexpensive to buy, efficient, will be used as sole heatsource for my massachusetts home of 2,000 square feet, long burn time, looks not that important but I don't want something that is butt-ugly - glass door would be nice but not essential.

What I'm planning to buy: the Lowes version of the Englander 50-snc30(summer's heat) with a coupon I can get it for $728.10

Is there a stove that offers more bang for the buck? Is there any reason I should reconsider this choice?

I also have some chimney questions, but I'll post that separately.. Thanks!

Cant say I know anything about that Englander but as far as coustermer support you cant beat them. 2 of their emp[oyees are members here and go beyond the call of duty regularly. Look for Mike or Corrie to chime in

Missjules said:
Hello,
I am a prodigal daughter when it comes to woodburning. I grew up in a wood burning home but I have not burned for nearly 20 years. After much research I think I'm ready to take the plunge but I want to run my choice past y'all BEFORE I buy:

What I'm looking for in a wood stove: Inexpensive to buy, efficient, will be used as sole heatsource for my massachusetts home of 2,000 square feet, long burn time, looks not that important but I don't want something that is butt-ugly - glass door would be nice but not essential.

What I'm planning to buy: the Lowes version of the Englander 50-snc30(summer's heat) with a coupon I can get it for $728.10

Is there a stove that offers more bang for the buck? Is there any reason I should reconsider this choice?

I also have some chimney questions, but I'll post that separately.. Thanks!

if theres a better "btu for the buck" stove out there , sombodys gonna have to show it to me

Bought my 30 last year, paid half again what you can get it for and have never regretted it. Had a problem but Mike took care of it. Only problem at the moment is the house is too warm.

Several more members have purchased one in the last few weeks. They should chime in shortly.

I have the smaller version of the Englander 30NC and am very pleased with the stove in general.

Englander's tech support on the forums between Corie and Mike is second to none. You really can't go wrong with the Englander.

In fact I think the only complaints I've heard about Englander is that they don't make a fancy looking cast or enamel stove.

You guys said it for me. I love when a product and a group of people can do that.

:)

Needless to say, we take a lot of pride in what we make, stand behind in 110% and put our blood, sweat and tears into making it the most valuable stove possible.

What is the smaller version of the Englander 30-NC? I thought they were all the same just different names for different stores. I've been looking at the Englanders also, price and quality seem to be a good buy. My problem is the 30 a little to big and the 13 a little to small. Wish they made something in between

My problem is the 30 a little to big and the 13 a little to small. Wish they made something in between

The 13NC is what I have.

Actually the lack of a mid-size stove from England Stove Works has been a recent topic of discussion. Ask Mike and Corie when they're releasing a 2.2 cuft firebox stove.

TMonter said:
My problem is the 30 a little to big and the 13 a little to small. Wish they made something in between

The 13NC is what I have.

Actually the lack of a mid-size stove from England Stove Works has been a recent topic of discussion. Ask Mike and Corie when they're releasing a 2.2 cuft firebox stove.

I have two pellet stoves to get out of the way first. Then probably a third pellet stove and THEN maybe a 2.3-2.5 cubic foot firebox wood stove.

Corie said:
Needless to say, we take a lot of pride in what we make, stand behind in 110% and put our blood, sweat and tears into making it the most valuable stove possible.

So that is what that stain was on my 30. Welder's tears.

Probably. If it was an early build, its more than likely sweat as its about 12098098 degrees in that plant until October.

Same stove I bought, and same reasons- lots of heat and economical to buy. I've used mine all winter, heating about 2300sf. It puts out tons of heat. I haven't yet mastered moving the heat around, I can get the front, 750sf stoveroom to 85*, step into the hallway, and its 10* cooler, at least...

Status
Not open for further replies.