Thinking about an AMFM/Englander purchase, which one?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AddictiveStew

Burning Hunk
Mar 13, 2013
PA
Hi everyone! My paranoia has gotten the best of me and I've been looking at AMFM for a refurb stove. Running with the Pellet Pro II on a modified board and with scarce parts is making me nervous. We have a 1901 farmhouse with a recently insulated attic (R49!) but no insulation in the walls. Windows are decent and I've sealed the place up pretty tight. We're at about 1800 sq ft and the downstairs is a very open floor plan. Any thoughts on which stove would be adequate to heat the entire house? I'm thinking the TRP22 but the TRPEP is much easier on the eyes and I believe the components are updated? I'd appreciate any insight you awesome folks may have. I have an interested buyer that wants the PPII so I'm looking to move on this buy in the next few weeks.

Thanks all!

Don't know if the EP (TRPEP) will do what you need it to in your home but I love my stove and heats what I need it to. We have a new (6 year old) home (2000 sq.ft.) and have it in our 1st. floor living room. The heat also carries upstairs to our 4 bedrooms. Did I mention I love my stove? lol

I think you'd like the EP, but another option is the new 55-TRPIP. More modern if you like that, and it's their latest design. Or the CPM?

Reactions: AddictiveStew
I like the more modern design but I doubt I can sell the wife on that one. The CPM looks awesome but it may be a bit out of the range we are looking to pay at the moment. Slvrblkk, how does she do with different kinds of pellets? Picky or just about anything? Thanks!

I like the more modern design but I doubt I can sell the wife on that one. The CPM looks awesome but it may be a bit out of the range we are looking to pay at the moment. Slvrblkk, how does she do with different kinds of pellets? Picky or just about anything? Thanks!

I never had an issue with any pellet EXCEPT my "free" NEWP, for some reason those things just won't feed properly. The funny thing is I had the exact same issue with them when I still had my PDVC. Beside that, never had a problem what-so-ever. You can see in my sig all of the different pellets I have on hand. If I had one knock on the stove, it's the hopper. You really need to buff the inside to have the pellets side down so the they don't "stick", so to speak, on the sides of the hopper. Mine had some overspray on the inside that kept some of the pellets from sliding down.

Thanks for the info! I really like the design of the TRPEP and I hope she has enough to heat our older house. :) Now if I can just sell the PPII...

I like the more modern design but I doubt I can sell the wife on that one. The CPM looks awesome but it may be a bit out of the range we are looking to pay at the moment.......

Considered buying a unit from AMFM Energy?

Refurbed by Mike & his crew at Englander....full factory warranty & new OAK kit. MANY happy customers of theirs on this forum, including me.

http://www.amfmenergy.com/55epacepest22.html

Reactions: AddictiveStew
Considered buying a unit from AMFM Energy?

Refurbed by Mike & his crew at Englander....full factory warranty & new OAK kit. MANY happy customers of theirs on this forum, including me.

http://www.amfmenergy.com/55epacepest22.html

Yup I'll be going refurb with the TRPEP. Have the old beast up for sale and waiting to see what we can get for her first. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.