Thinking about ditching the pellet stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tnt8281

Jan 25, 2010
Delton, MI
I want to switch to a wood burner. Not decided on an add on furnace or free standing or both.
I like to hear some feedback on the add on furnaces. Or if I'm better getting a freestanding. The area I would be heating would be 1700 sq.
Any lower brands to start with? Would like to keep the price of the stove under $2000. I grew up to a Vermont castings reliant.

whats you floor plan like? open plan?

my house is a bunch of differnt rooms and when i had a free standing stove there would be big temp changes from room to room. i put in a wood furnace in my basement and every room is a consistant temp. ive never been happier by switching. it cost me $30 a month(electric cost) to heat my 1600 sq ft(including basement) house to 75-82*

Status
Not open for further replies.