Thinking about selling my Whitfield 1998 Advantage Plus Insert. How much is the stove worth?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cincinnati Kid

Feeling the Heat
Jan 6, 2009
Cincinnati
The stove has been highly maintained. I repaced the auger motor last year. No problems and the stove works well. I want to upgrade to the Harman Accentra iInsert.

IMO, the stove is actually worth a lot more than you'll be offered for it. The advantage models were great units. Once Lennox stopped really supporting the units a lot of the parts just got too expensive, or a challenge to locate. They are great stoves for people willing to do the "proper" cleaning steps. I dunno, its tough call.

I know what we would give on a trade, but outright you probably be lucky to get $500, I agree it is worth more then most will give and they were solid units. People will see the age and wanna chisel the hell out of you for it.

Does the stove have auto ignite? If the stove is cleaned and repainted and it has auto ignite I would say you could sell for 800.00
Make the stove look like new, This is one of the best stove of all time.

One around here on Craig's was asking $700, another I saw which was from the '80's was selling for $150, i paid $1700 for mine in '99 and was worth every penny, don't know about repainting as it's a gun medal type greyish color, never saw paint available, mine has some nicks on front on the top due to using a metal coal bucket to pour in pellet's, there good looking stoves and set the standard for excellence.

The paint your looking for is Stove Bright. You can find it on-line, It will run you about 12.00 a can. Its just like the factory paint.

Delta-T said:
IMO, the stove is actually worth a lot more than you'll be offered for it. The advantage models were great units. Once Lennox stopped really supporting the units a lot of the parts just got too expensive, or a challenge to locate.

Does Lennox still support my T-300 model? I know mine uses a lot of whitfield parts. Sonting I never though of.

iron stove said:
Delta-T said:
IMO, the stove is actually worth a lot more than you'll be offered for it. The advantage models were great units. Once Lennox stopped really supporting the units a lot of the parts just got too expensive, or a challenge to locate.

Does Lennox still support my T-300 model? I know mine uses a lot of whitfield parts. Sonting I never though of.

not really, most of the working parts are sort of common to a lot of the whitfields, but the T-300 was an earthstove, that was made into a gas,and pellet unit. Really nice looking body, IMO. I'm sure they still have some of the parts on a shelf somewhere with a "run to completion" stamp on it. Once its gone, its gone forever. On the plus side, if you know a fabricator, you can have just about anything structural worked up on your own and you can find non-OEM motors through places like grainger. The real trick will be finding that silly refractory board (firebrick) when they run out of those.

Thanks Delta T. Never knew the earthstove part. Glad the electrical guts are easy to get. Fireboard is in decent shape. Ill keep parts in mind when I start shopping again.

Delta-T said:
iron stove said:
Delta-T said:

not really, most of the working parts are sort of common to a lot of the whitfields, but the T-300 was an earthstove, that was made into a gas,and pellet unit. Really nice looking body, IMO. I'm sure they still have some of the parts on a shelf somewhere with a "run to completion" stamp on it. Once its gone, its gone forever. On the plus side, if you know a fabricator, you can have just about anything structural worked up on your own and you can find non-OEM motors through places like grainger. The real trick will be finding that silly refractory board (firebrick) when they run out of those.

almost... but not quite!

the tp300 was made by earth, the t300p was made by lennox

the tp300 was made using old woodstove castings, and was similar to the t-100/t150c( made by earthstove before lennox)
the t300p(aka whitfield traditions P11) was the same casting as the t300ht(earthstove traditions stoves, made under earthstove name, by lennox)

Lennox still supports the t300p(p-11) very well and the tp300 to some extent

Status
Not open for further replies.