Thinking of a Propane Fireplace Insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisp

Aug 4, 2013
new york
Figured I'd ask the masses about the inserts, just looking for information and opinions, brands and styles, any links that you may know of for more information would be helpful. Thanks

Heat & Glo, Regency, Jotul, Mendota, Hearthstone, to name a few. Where in NY are you located?
If you're near the Albany area, try Best Fire Hearth & Patio on Central Avenue...

i like the kingsman line there made in america and use easily attained replacement parts.The ones daksy mentioned would serve you well also.Were you thinking Vent free or direct vent?

Heat & Glo, Regency, Jotul, Mendota, Hearthstone, to name a few. Where in NY are you located?
If you're near the Albany area, try Best Fire Hearth & Patio on Central Avenue...
Live on Long Island, have a nice fireplace store around the corner, just wanted to get some knowledge before the guy tries to sell me something i dont need. Thanks for the info.

i like the kingsman line there made in america and use easily attained replacement parts.The ones daksy mentioned would serve you well also.Were you thinking Vent free or direct vent?
Thinking direct vent. I currently have a fireplace and would think i could just get the insert inside that and have it vented out the chimney.

thats exactly what i would do .I did a install today just like what your planning on doing.When it comes to D.V. inserts most of the major brands like heatn glo ,travis industries,mendota ,kingsman,kozy to name a few i install on regular basis will be a good choice.before you commit to buy post on here your choice and ill give you a NON bias opinion on any possible issues as i have serviced and installed almost all the brands out there.Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.