Thinking of adding a wood shed on my garage

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kversch

Dec 26, 2014
New York
this is one of the place I have to stack wood it doesn't get a tone of wind b/c it's sheltered it gets sun mostly in the fall and winter and easy spring when there's no keaves on the trees. Do you guys think this would be a good spot to add a wood shed. I would prolly be stacking green or semi green wood in it to season for a year maybe two. Won't know till I get through this first winter of burning.

image_zpsm8fy235n.jpg

If you have time to let it sit and season or if you season it somewhere else then put it under cover go for it. I hate to handle wood too many times but it's nice not to have to worry about your wood when it's storming.

Myself I don't like to season wood stacked against my home. Just for bugs and critters really. I do stack a week or so worth of wood at a time on my deck, but nothing long term. Looks like cinder block wall though so maybe not much of a concern? All of my homes have had wood siding is why I've mainly avoided it.

I've been told not to do it for safety too as its a giant load of fuel stacked against your house but I don't know if I'd worry about that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.