thinking of buying a 1557M

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you have the ductwork sized properly in the home. Stepped down to keep the pressure in the ducts, then you should be okay. The trick is, if feeding it into the plenum of the central furnace, you need a damper or a diffuser so it doesn't backfeed into the central furnace. This keeps your pressure up in the lines so the heat can push through the trunk, through the ducts. You will keep pressure till it starts to hit those open ducts. You will of course lose some heat at the end, but with a 1400 cfm blower, and your trunk from your wood furnace. I think it would work.

brickman said:
I would rather get the bigger unit instead of modifying the smaller one. I plan to get the return air from the return air duct at the central furnace. Was just going to tap into it. My central furnace is located in the center of the main trunk line. The line is about 50' in length. So that means I would have to run about 25' of heat duct from the wood furnace to my central furnace plenum, then the 50' of main trunk line. You think the 1600 would do this alone, without help from the central furnace blower. What about going into the main trunk line at one end. If I do not need the help of the central furnace fan, this would save me about 10 or 12' of heat pipe from the wood burner to the main duct
imo still not enough cfm the 1600 is a step in the right direction but your still trying to push that air 25 ft before it hits the main furance use blowers inconjuction of your other furance would work good! the main duct coming off the 1600 is 18x13

Status
Not open for further replies.