thinking of buying a new stove!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crabby

Nov 13, 2007
Ohio
Hey Guys
I have been on this forum for some time and I tell you everyone is great. Lots of ideas and information, i also have been able to learn a lot even since i have been burning wood since i was kid. I have even been able to help people on this sit and others where I live. I have even installed a few stoves and liners myself for others. Now I need some help make a decision. I have an old Earth Stove 100 series in my basement. My house is a Split Foyer about 1600 to 1800 sq ft and the stove is placed in the center of the house. So when you walkin from the garage it's on your right and the first flight of stairs is on the left. With that said, the stove does and awesom job heating the hole house. The back of the house is cooler because they are above the garage but comfortable to sleep. My basement is usually 90 degress and upstairs is about 70 to 75 degress. The kicker is the stove burns so much wood. I am thinking of updating next year. I just don't know what to get for a free standing stove. I like the Englander 30 and the PE Summits. I just don't know what stove to go with. I don't really want to spend a whole lot of money on a stove. The Englanders are pretty reasonable and the PE's are pretty expensive. What are some of your ideas. Thanks

I'm cheap...I'd be beating feet to Lowes or HDs in your area (or call) to try to get an NC30 on clearance.

Hi crabby the 30nc will probably cut your wood use by a third ... at least. Check out Lowes/HD asap and get a blower too.

Some may tell you that stove might be too big for your sf-age and by the stats offered...they may be right. If you to put your trust into govt approved stats.

Now if you burn to keep warm that requires a larger...hotter fire and the 30nc is the stove you want...there are other good stove out there too btw....but it looks like you're already ahead of the curve.

if you want a step up from the box stores, lopi and Avalon have a value stove called the 1750. enerzone has some great value stoves as well.
www.lopifire.com www.avalonstoves.com wwwenerzone-intl.com

yeah, i am looking more towards an Englander 30. I really don't like the new style of stoves. I love to old look like my Earth Stove, don't really like the glass doors. Oh well. I am just curious what everyone has and what they like also that heats the same amount or sq ft. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.