1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Thinking of buying from[maine wood boilers]

Post in 'The Boiler Room - Wood Boilers and Furnaces' started by ozzie88, Dec 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ozzie88

ozzie88 Member

Loc:
    maine
    wow, few dents for sure, but i must say for the money i thinkm i would have kepted it? A small gasser would be best i know that now,just matter saveing up getting it done, Like i said one i have works good just nut ul listed people just give me hard time on it. this is 3rd year for it Is mostle home made only use 4 1/2 cord year at most 2 of us plus pets.Made it with safty in mind have all controls and over heats,some even doubled protected, guess just feel better if all was factery built ?? being disabled dont help any at all,I do what i can with help from guy that works on these things alot.
    Thanks ALOT for the info

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. In my case it was shipped 'fob destination' which meant I didn't own the boiler until I signed for it off the truck. So any damage settlements before that point was between FedEx and cozyheat/new horizons. I bet in the case of that attack FedEx paid more than 2 k to new horizon.
  3. avc8130

avc8130 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    God's Gift to Gassification
    I bet even that $2800 is negotiable.
  4. maple1

maple1 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Nova Scotia
    I'd be on that if I was close & shopping - take a few panels off & smooth out some dents & you be styling.
  5. henfruit

henfruit Minister of Fire

Loc:
    New Hampshire-Maine border
    I would stay away from new horizon.There are some rumors that there are things happening.Just a word for the wise.
  6. maple1

maple1 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Nova Scotia
    Ummmm.

:eek:

Quite a post for one dealer to make about another dealer.
    Taylor Sutherland likes this.
  7. pelletdude

pelletdude Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Eastern Conn
    Talk with Dave at Evergreen Energy in Naples. He retails the Empyre line from Pro Fab Industries. Open system, very easy to operate and forgiving on wood and moisture content.
  8. henfruit

Loc:
    I just don't want to see any one get hurt.
  9. I heard from a guy down the street that vigas was going bankrupt. Something about a massive recall due to faulty lambda sensors and they can't cover the recall cost.

Better stay away from them.

Don't want to see anyone get hurt
  10. avc8130

avc8130 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    God's Gift to Gassification
    What's the first check engine light your car always throws? "O2 Sensor". LOL
  11. nrcrash

nrcrash Member

Loc:
    MA
    Looks like henfruit hurt mikes feelings! Lol
  12. maple1

maple1 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Nova Scotia
    That might be - but the optics are terrible.

We have one dealer bad mouthing another dealer on a public forum without really saying anything.

To me that reflects as poorly on yourself as whatever you might be implying with the Vague-Speak.

Just my neutral opinion.
    Taylor Sutherland likes this.
  13. It was a joke. But from the pm henfruit just sent me I don't think he thought it was funny.
  14. henfruit

Loc:
    Maybe i should just keep still and then in a coulple of months when the new owner of the product posts on here how unhappy he is with it.
  15. maple1

maple1 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Nova Scotia
    Well alrighty then, just keep talking if you feel it's the thing to do.

<>
  16. BoilerMan

BoilerMan Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northern Maine
    I have an Attack, and am certainly not unhappy with it, dented or not. After the learning curve, it's one of the best purchaces I've made.

TS
  17. flyingcow

flyingcow Minister of Fire

Loc:
    northern-half of maine

I'm in the camp of "If it ain't broke don't fix it". Sounds like you got a good one.
  18. Last year there were accusations made by henfruit that new horizons was committing fraud and the owner should be in jail in regards to the UL listing...
  19. woodsmaster

woodsmaster Minister of Fire

Loc:
    N.W. Ohio
    steel over 1/4 inch will slow your heat transfer and cut down on efficiency. If your worried about the steel best bet is to make sure it's made from boiler plate and treat your water.
  20. Woke up to another pm claiming he never said Zennon should be in jail. So here is the link.

http://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/ul-listing-now-available-on-woodguns.81348/#post-1041302

My point is and was this is not the first time he has bad mouthed another dealer. And since he is one of the undercover dealers who doesn't always make clear that he is trying to sell his product I believe his motives should be pointed out.

I made the joke about vigas to illustrate how easy it is to post negatively about another product or company. Maybe henfruit is protecting us from another Larry b. Maybe he is just trying to sell more boilers. Either way stop pm'ing me henfruit. We can 'settle it' right here in the public.

Perhaps the joke was in bad taste, for that I apologize. I obviously made up the recall of lambda sensors.
  21. pen

pen There are some who call me...mod. Staff Member

Loc:
    N.E. Penna
    Enough with the drama already.

closed
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.