Thinking of getting a second pellet stove for......

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MCPO

Minister of Fire
the rear garage 24X15 insulated (workshop) I ain`t got much wood left.
I got two ways to go:
1..........get a new value priced Englander 25 PDV for out there OR
2...........get a new attractive , state of the art pellet stove for the finished basement and put the ugly 5 yr old P-38 (toilet bowl) out in the workshop.
That 30% federal tax incentive is looking awful tempting.
The bigger problem would be choosing which model for the house. I do like the looks of the Castile but I need to research it more.
I`d like to entertain recommendations from anyone who feels they know for sure what they would get and could give me good reasons why.

Hard to beat the deal on Rika Integra II's at Pellethead.com. I've got one on the way. Price was way stupid.

Gio,

I have been favoring Enviro's. Very good stove's. But I don't want to plug that to much on you. The point I want to make is Multifuel. I'm sure you read me suggesting it before. If you going new. I would because there not pellet picky. Plus they will burn multifuels and the future fuels(If we ever see them). You will not have to be as choosy with pellets as the other stoves. Burn what you can afford with little to no worry.

I'm sure you get my point.
jay

schmeg said:
Hard to beat the deal on Rika Integra II's at Pellethead.com. I've got one on the way. Price was way stupid.

Yeah, I saw that attractive deal when it was brought to light on this forum. Stirred up a bit of controversy.
My reservations are no warranty implied and the fact it`s made in Europe and not North America. How about parts availability ? Special motors, etc. I appreciate the suggestion though and sincerely wish you the best with yours.

jtakeman said:
Gio,

I have been favoring Enviro's. Very good stove's. But I don't want to plug that to much on you. The point I want to make is Multifuel. I'm sure you read me suggesting it before. If you going new. I would because there not pellet picky. Plus they will burn multifuels and the future fuels(If we ever see them). You will not have to be as choosy with pellets as the other stoves. Burn what you can afford with little to no worry.

I'm sure you get my point.
jay

I`ve taken note of the fact it isn`t pellet fussy and there is an Enviro dealer locally. I`d really prefer to have a warranty with a new stove too. I`m gonna take a look at their upright model. Thanks for the recommend.

schmeg said:
I heard rumors that ESES sold those Rikas cheap because the dollar is dropping in value vs. the Euro making the new stoves imported from Austria very expensive... just heard that... may or may not be true.

I guess I'd be tempted to buy one warranty or not... a quality stove for $2200.00 is pretty tempting... and I'm a buy American kind of guy.

I was in their showroom on Saturday but I don't remember seeing one in the showrrom. Schmeg we need to see a photo of that new stove!

We have a Magnum Countryside multi-fuel stove. We are burning a 5:1, wheat:pellet mix. It is incredible how much more heat is produced by the wheat. When we only burning pellets the heat is easily cut in half. We grow the wheat. It isn't screened or anything just scooped out of a dump truck into a bag. Cheap to grow and store. Just an FYI for anyone who is interested.

Gio, you want to buy my englander 25-pdv?

geek said:
Gio, you want to buy my englander 25-pdv?

I think I`ve decided on a new one (at the moment) but if that changes I`ll let you know .

Gio,why not go with another Harman? I assume you have had good luck and performance from your P-38.

I've got a Whitfield insert in my family room and a P-38 in my basement. My Whitfield is ten plus years old. when i have to replace it, I will go with another Harman.

Status
Not open for further replies.