1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Thinking of getting on/off road bike...

Post in 'DIY and General non-hearth advice' started by Ratherbfishin, Mar 10, 2012.

1. Highbeam

Highbeam Minister of Fire

Loc:
    base of Mt. Rainier on the wet side, WA
    I was able to acquire, fix (all carbs goopy), and then ride a gsxr600 for as long as I wanted before returning it to the owner. Crotch rockets are fun and fast bikes. They are terrible cruisers. The riding position puts you into a perpetual push-up and the bike wants to either be accelerating or decelerating or else it kind of clunks as the lightweight drivetrain takes up the slack. The other problem is that they are fast, too fast, and more than once I found myself clicking through the gears north of 130 and loving every second of it. Death or law trouble will soon follow. I returned the bike in short time. Oh, one more thing, they don't have cooling fans so if you are in slow or stopped traffic the damn thing will overheat and shut off.

It is more fun to ride a slow bike fast than to ride a fast bike slow.
    MasterMech likes this.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!