Thinking of purchasing a Wood Stove Advice

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking of getting rid of my Breckwell BigE which replaced my pacific energy wood stove I used to have. I still have my quad insert which is great but I am missing the heat and easy maintenance of a wood stove and also the quietness of it also. Can someone recommend a stove in the $400 to $700 range that would heat 1000 to 1300sq' house. Ive looked at the Vogelzang which are in my price range but they dont have the best reviews...

Why did you get rid of the PE? Which one was it? If you're talking about the box stove, ixnay on the VG, but you might be able to get an Englander.

VZ has some decent steel stoves that are UL listed and EPA rated that will heat that space nicely. But if you want a stove in the same price range that will give you actual people on the other end of the phone line that will answer your questions about the stove:

Englander

BeGreen said:
Why did you get rid of the PE? Which one was it? If you're talking about the box stove, ixnay on the VG, but you might be able to get an Englander.

It was a summit A.. I decided to get another pellet stove because I hurt my back actually had a bulged disc from all the cutting and splitting I had done and decided that was it. I'll probably just have the wood delivered this time around already split..... I'm trying to sell the Breckwell and hopefully have enough left over for wood. I wish I could spend more on a stove but need to spend some of it on wood.. I'll check out the Englander's... Thanks

Bummer. I started getting that condition. Turned out to be the friggin ergonomic Herman Miller Aereon chair. Got rid of it and together with abdominal exercises, my back settled down. Hope the back is feeling better soon.

value line stoves Englander, Century , Drolet All basic steel plate construction stoves which most of our members have been happy with Andr'e has a Drolet

Status
Not open for further replies.