thinking of upgrading my Phoenix

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shoot-straight

Minister of Fire
Jan 5, 2012
Kennedyville, MD
Thinking of moving up from my hearthstone pheonix to something a bit bigger, and with a longer burn time. Need a bit more heat at times.

Really gonna look at the BK Ashford. Its firebox is a bit bigger at 2.7 rather than 2.2 a buddy has a princess I'm gonna go check out.

Any thoughts if that will be a significant upgrade?

Another buddy just got a Harman t300. Gonna go check that one out too.

If you want significantly longer burn times then the BK is the ticket. If you want long burns and good looks, then the Ashford is the one for you!:cool:

Reactions: lopiliberty
i read all your ashford posts. very good information, less the PH/BK pissing match.

what kind of burn times are you getting when its set on high with a full load of good BTU hardwood?

Burning well seasoned oak, we are loading the Mansfield twice a day, about 2/3rds full. Heating +2100sqft, to +72F inside, 20F-30F outside with light winds and lots of rain/ice/sleet/snow in the last several days, and while the Ashford is the best looking BK I have ever seen..

the stone stoves have their own eye appeal.. ;) and you already know Hearthstone.. lol

yes my hearthstone looks amazing. given that the pheonix has alot of cast, i think the ashford would look very similar. and yes, looks are very important to me. its the centerpiece to our "great room".

Status
Not open for further replies.