Third Load from the Glory Pile

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oregon Bigfoot

Feeling the Heat
May 21, 2011
Northwest Oregon
The weather was nice and cool and mostly sunny, high of 64::F for a good day of wood cutting. I could not find any helpers today. :rolleyes: I am sure my wood cutting buddies were out and about working on their yards (or taking their wives shopping :p) , since we had a fair amount of rainy days this past week.

I cut about a 1/2 cord load of roughly 80% Douglas Fir and 20% Oregon Bigleaf Maple. I had planned on just fir, but there was a maple in the way of a nice fir log, so I cut up the maple to get to the nice straight fir.:)

While I was there, another two trucks pulled in and ended up cutting on another pile of wood. I'd say about 1/3 of the firewood has been taken now. My friend invited some of his other buddies and neighbors to cut on the other piles, which were equally as good as the pile I was working on. He says about 15 truck loads of firewood have left.

I really don't have the room to put this load anywhere at the moment. The wood still sits on my truck tonight. I need to clean up the area I put my stacks at my sister's house (in reality, my brother in law needs to clean up his stuff, like a burn barrel, an old basketball hoop, tractor implements, and just plain junk that gets thrown over there), and go to the dump, then I'll have room. What I'll do is just move the stuff farther over, and I'll have the room. I don't see my brother in law going to the dump anytime soon. :mad:

I cut some extra wood for another wood cutting friend, who was going to come in and pick up the wood later in the next day or so. That's what the last pic is, the stuff I cut for him.

Enjoy the pics, while I veg and heal my back.

DSCN2665.JPG

Attachments

• DSCN2666.JPG
    DSCN2666.JPG
    103 KB · Views: 119
  • DSCN2667.JPG
    DSCN2667.JPG
    76.6 KB · Views: 113
  • DSCN2668.JPG
    DSCN2668.JPG
    103.8 KB · Views: 113
I forgot to mention, I cut up some Swedish candles, to try later this summer. I think it was on hearth.com I saw something about them, and it looked fun. Do a Google or Youtube search and you'll see what I am talking about. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.