This better be IT!!!!!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hossthehermit

Minister of Fire
May 17, 2008
Maine, ayuh, by gorry
Got home, it's damp, chilly, still got pellets in the hopper, why not?????????????? Planned on doing the spring cleaning while I was on vacation this past week, glad I didn't get to it.

I haven't clean my either. I ended up burning the last few hand fulls in the hopper last night, to night don't know yet might just burn a little oil. Better than opening up a new bag in this case.

Mines still dirty, ash covered glass, this time of year could care less, last thing i want to do, on vaca this coming week so might just clean the glass and burnpot, major cleaning wont be until sept.
Burning in late June!!!

Burned the rest of what was in the stove last night. So damp. Had to replace the ignitor first, that was fun but figured it out after a while.

I will never burn this late!

Put on a sweater!

Its been a real wierd spring for sure.

We have had some nice weather this past week or so, with a few cool mornings.

We have rain and cool this morning but its supposed to warm up into the upper 60's F this afternoon.

Cleaned the big Whit a few weeks ago now and its all put to rest until fall.

The little Whit is still in need of cleaning and a couple things, but stands by in case we need a quicky warm up.

Actually, if we need a little heat, I would likely just bump up the stat on the Quad 1000 and let it handle it.

Here it is, almost July and we are still seeing rain. Not a lot though, but enough to make it WET.

Finally got all the horses out on pasture this past week. The wether had been so wet and sloppy that getting the animlas out was just a pain.

Can't just toss them out on all that fresh tall grass all at once, need to get them used to it a few hours a day for about a week first.

Can't remember a spring so wet and cool here.

With this late arrival of summer, I wonder what winter is going to be all about this year.

Snowy

I cleaned mine pretty good mid may... going to do the leaf blower thing to it to finish it off and get it ready for fall. We start buring 1st Oct around here and it doesn't end till mid may...

Status
Not open for further replies.