This has to be the most dangerous way to chop wood i have ever seen

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Enzo's Dad

Feeling the Heat
Dec 16, 2013
Canton, CT

This is hard to watch, I am waiting for the wheel to grab his arm

Any splitter where you have to throw the wood into place to get split... Not my kind of splitter.
And on top of that, couldn't he weld another maul on there so the wheel was at least sorta balanced?

That is crazy! I would like to see him split the 32" red oak I was working yesterday with that piece of fine engineering!

Hmmm... I have an old edger engine, wheel and tire and...

Who needs technology when you have teenagers.

Reactions: ClanCameron
Even the operator is afraid of that thing. I hope the welds on the wedge hold up. Could you imagine if that came off? High speed tomahawk._g

Reactions: firebroad
"Wheel of Debt"? . . .more like the "Wheel of Death".

Reactions: splitoak
Holy Split! I was expecting the usual inertia wheel splitter. This dude found a way to make it even more dangerous!
That thing will maim him one day. Hope it's only a finger or something...

Even the operator is afraid of that thing. I hope the welds on the wedge hold up. Could you imagine if that came off? High speed tomahawk._g

The devil on my shoulder is saying i hope it kills him before he can procreate, that would eligible for a Darwin award.

Reactions: WriteNoob
That scares me to even watch. Put a piece of Sweet Gum in it and see what happens.

That scares me to even watch. Put a piece of Sweet Gum in it and see what happens.

Well he said the "Hard Pine", If it can split that gum should be a walk in the park........

I have seen similar versions of splitter with a bit more safety guards around then. That thing looks like an old circus ride. It it's kinda funny, I'm chuckling a bit. The operator is definitely a bit afraid of it. After 10min of using that thing your nerves have to be wrecked.

I'd rather pick up a rattlesnake

I have picked up a rattle snake(s) many times and I would not go near that thing without it running. I think there was a saying that you could tell how long someone worked for Red Adair by how many fingers they still have... That would also apply here for how many cord he has split I believe.

If not familiar with Mr. Adair look here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Adair

He just needs a safety shield on the backside- anyone who backs too close could get a nasty 'wedgie'

HOLY CRAP !!!

I didn't here him say " don't try his at home".....

I would have made a fortune during the Spanish Inquisition with his rapid decapitation device.

Status
Not open for further replies.