"This is a good wood stove."

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good and rusty!

I guess my definition of "good" . . . and "fair" and "poor" are quite different.

You'll find a lot of those on CraigsList.

That's pure laziness. A new Englander can be had for $800 - $900. So why not at least attempt to remove the rust and put some polish on it before asking anything? People are oblivious

I learned pretty early on what things are worth...what someone in the free market is willing to pay. So many people buy things and then think they are going to hold their value. Some will...some won't

Really good boat anchor.

If I got that cheap enough, I'd sand it and get it painted and use it as a heater in a shed / garage. Probably badly enough pitted that I wouldn't want it as a focal point in a home / office.

Forget stove polish, a rattle can paint job for 5$ would make that stove look 100x better. Even if you leave the rust on, you'll get people to show up.

Ugh, the pictures. Why so small?

Those minature postage stamp sized pictures are really helpful too....:rolleyes:
Yeah, it's hard to tell but from the side shot it looks like it's been over-fired.

Like I said...the seller is lazy. Probably the type of person that whines about why life doesn't go his way / doesn't have enough money, etc. Not willing to put any effort in....See these people all the time in my line of work. Want the $$$ that others have, but don't want to step up and put the time in.

This "was" a decent stove.

Yeah, it's hard to tell but from the side shot it looks like it's been over-fired.

Geez... your eyes are better than mine. I couldn't make out much from the sub-avatar sized photos.

Yall got it all wrong - your're way off - if this thing came up on American Pickers it'd be worth...<wait for commercial break> .....about $500 but they'll offer the seller $600.

kills me everytime

Or let's bring it to the pawn stars and see what the "expert" says. ;lol

Great looking stove, congratulations to the salesman, he's not too pushy either ==c

Actually, too big for an anchor, and too light for a mooring. Hope that doesn't hurt it's value.

Wire brush. Some paint. Some wood and a Super Cedar and we have heat.

Now about price...

Status
Not open for further replies.