This is from a wood stove so be glad you have a pellet burner

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kinsmanstoves

Minister of Fire
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362956833.145088.jpg

I will not mention names on the owner of this wood stove but it was cleaned today after 1 1/2 yrs from being installed. This is not all off the creosote cause the pipe was still full of about 4" of more nastiness.

Please remember to flush your pipes every season.

Eric

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362956804.896000.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362956804.896000.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 296
I will not mention names on the owner of this wood stove but it was cleaned today after 1 1/2 yrs from being installed. This is not all off the creosote cause the pipe was still full of about 4" of more nastiness.

My diagnoses would be restricted airflow. A nice controlled chimney fire would take care of that.==c

Reactions: Wildo
[quote="mralias, post: 1403500, member: 4948" A nice controlled chimney fire would take care of that.==c[/quote]
.???

[quote="mralias, post: 1403500, member: 4948" A nice controlled chimney fire would take care of that.==c
.???[/quote]

They used to do that in the country back in the day, not so sure about the controlled part but they would intentionally light off the 'sote in the chimney before it built up.

They used to do that in the country back in the day, not so sure about the controlled part but they would intentionally light off the 'sote in the chimney before it built up.[/quote]

I know, I have responded to a few in my day pulling the damn a chimney nozzle up and down the chimney. We had one guy the did it once a year without fail and it was never controlled. Sounded like a damn freight train coming through the house.

Once had a fire from a dirty oil fired hot water vent pipe. Some spiral thing in the hot water heater fell loose and interfered with the venting. Light black flakes piled up in the horizontal part of the vent pipe leading to the chimney (I had cleaned it out about 6 months earlier). The black stuff caught fire and the pipe turned red. I thought I was going to have a house fire. I called the fire dept. they stood by and let it burn out. I had the heater fixed the next day! Too scary for me. I only want fires where they are intended to be.

Thanks for no names Eric. I promise I will get that stuff cleaned out tomorrow.

Hello

This is from a pellet burner! Much harder to clean than that wood stove! It took 3/4 of a can of Acetone!

Attachments

• IMG_0187.JPG
    IMG_0187.JPG
    136.4 KB · Views: 206
  • IMG_0188.JPG
    IMG_0188.JPG
    155.3 KB · Views: 213
So?? What kind of wood stove was it?

You know it was the stoves fault. So I don't want that model? I want me a different one that don't make no creosote (double negative for ya) ;)

Can't be the wood, can't be the operator, so it Must be the Stove!!

So?? What kind of wood stove was it?

You know it was the stoves fault. So I don't want that model? I want me a different one that don't make no creosote (double negative for ya) ;)

Can't be the wood, can't be the operator, so it Must be the Stove!!

Good thing it wasnt a pellet stove looking like that. If so, it would be the dealers fault ! :p

It is a QuadraFire Isle Royal and the owner is me.

Eric

That's got to be from a lot of hard burning of either pretty wet wood or burning a sappy wood like pine. That's really really asking for it.

Curious what kind of wood you have been burning to get that kind of buildup.

Eric
Can't be ! A Quad would never allow that to happen. They burn way too hot. Nothing burns like a Qaud! Must have been one of the Harmons.::-)

Reactions: SmokeyTheBear
Obviously a dealer issue.....I feel quite certain the original dealer never told the end user to clean the pipes, and therefore a substandard dealer issue.........bad dealer!

Eric
That is like when you see a painter's house, usually the wrost looking one on the street!

Status
Not open for further replies.