This is getting serious

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

heaterman

Minister of Fire
Oct 16, 2007
Falmouth, Michigan
I got this e-mail today and it is just one of many I have received over the last couple months. .....

Trane will have a price increase for residential and commercial HVAC equipment effective July 1, 2011.
The major driver behind this increase is the inflationary market for raw materials which account for 70% of HVAC manufacturing costs. Since mid-2010, the cost for these raw materials has increased as follows: steel is up 31%, copper is up 14%, aluminum is up 25%, and refrigerant is up 40%.
The price increase that we enacted on January 1, 2011 offset only a small portion of these increases in raw materials. Since that time, there is continued upward pressure on these materials and so a second price increase has become necessary.

I started a thread about 4-6 weeks ago recommending that if a person was going to buy a boiler, stove, piping or whatever, they would be well advised to buy it now or at least put a deposit on whatever it is so you can lock in the current price. With Goldman Sachs now forecasting oil to be near $135 a barrel by fall we will be seeing major demand for alternative fuel products and there will no doubt be shortages and extended lead times. Ordering a boiler a boiler in September will probably land it on your doorstep in February....

A word to the wise is sufficient.

Everything is going up, groceries raw material, fuel etc etc etc. I keep telling everyone who complains about prices going up that i hope everything goes through the roof and one of these days the country will implpde. Then we will have to start over, a third world country and finally the government might get it but i doubt it. Could you imagin if the truck drivers stopped delivering for a week, how much that would hurt. Somethings gota give and its your wallets that are taking the hit.

My 5 cents cause thats all i got.

Status
Not open for further replies.