This is the best time of year for cutting & splitting

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Try this: take a sledge hammer and knock (not too hard) the leaning pieces back in. More like a tap. Work your way through the leaning pieces gradually knocking them back into a more "upright" stance. This approach has helped me stay away from the dreaded restack.
(note - My stacks are on pallets, 40" wide - which is usually 2 rows with the middle filled with shorties/uglies)

Yeah I do this regular. My outter stack is inbetween two 6x6 posts. When the stack shrinks it starts to lean.

I trend to cut & stack in the summer. Am the only mug cutting when its +27C. 'Early bird' and all that.

Cool tractor BTW!

Here's the Jim Dandy. I took the plow off - the bigger one plows better. I use the JD for lawn mowing and cruising...:cool:

JimDandy04162004 002.jpg JimDandy04162004 007.jpg JimDandy04162004 017.jpg

Reactions: Lakeside
Stop in! There's plenty of splitting for everyone!

Be sure to stop at Shaker Pond Ice Cream on Rt. 4. Man, that stuff is goooood....
After you finish at Knots, come on over to CapePorpoise...how many lobsters ya want?

Yes it is a great time of year for working with wood. I'm getting ready to start cutting in a couple of weeks. I'm waiting until it gets a little cooler and ALL the bugs die.

Owed a friend one more cord for the tiller he traded me for my Kubota BX. This weather got me out to finish the job. Now he has to come and get it.image.jpg
You would not believe how hard it is to stack sideways like that :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Joe13 and kukuna
Status
Not open for further replies.