This is the garbage I got from www.woodpellets.com

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
128506873.gif

The above bag looks like it has been eating too many bon bons

128506851.gif

Looks like used cat litter.

128506801.gif

This is from a little spot in the middle of the bag, imagine what the rest looks like.

128533301.gif

This is what really looks like at least 1 year old leaf litter that has turned to compost underneath the shrink wrap. How do I know it is a year old? Because the leaves haven't fallen off the trees yet, and it take some times for leaves to decay like that.

128924229.gif

This is what the pallets looked like when I got them. It looked like this last year as well, except the pallet had dried by the time I got them, as we hadn't had rain in a few months. Must just be a problem with that particular distributor

Yeah people, just try to argue with me about this. This is the second year I have ordered through www.woodpellets.com. I wasn't really happy with the pellets last year at all, but for the convenience, I thought I would try them again this year and they would be better.

I spoke to them 2 weeks ago, and have been waiting for a call since then. When I originally ordered the pellets, I checked that I must be home to receive delivery. I get home at 7:30pm to find two tons of pellets sitting in the driveway. I check the answering machine and sure enough, I have a message from um, yesterday at 7:45pm telling me that they will deliver my pellets tomorrow and if I have a problem with that to call them. I don't get home a lot of times until 8:00pm.

It doesn't matter if they called yesturday to tell me or not, they were supposed to call and speak with me, to set up an appointment for when I could be there.

Dan at woodpellets called me initially to tell me they were out of the 1.3 ton skid and only had 1 tons skids left. I should have know then, because it always says the smallest pallets they have are 1.3 tons.

He assured me the pellets would be "fresh from the factory" these certainly weren't as there was leaf matter and such wedged in between the wood pellets and shrink wrap that had obviously decomposed over the past year.

Do I seem unreasonable? How would you like to get a run around like this, only to come home to 2 tons of pellets sitting in the rain, and then you find 9 swollen bags, and the ones that aren't swollen, you can feel the pellets inside, and they feel like bugger sized?

There are at least 9 of these in the first ton, who knows how many in the second skid, and I am not too sure of the ones, that don't look like above.

Pretty pissed off!

Mark
http://www.markdfellows.com/untitled1.html

Oh crap, for a moment there I thought they sent
you a pellet bag full of Columbian Red Bud. :coolsmirk:

I never had probs with them but if I had your problem
I'd shoot em a call and tell them they need to take
the messed up stuff back and replace.

That stinks! I have heard many bad things about woodpellets.com or pelletsales.com or whatever they will change their name to next? makes me think how fortunate we are in Connecticut with great choices! Good luck to you with that mess on your hands. Send them all back if you can.

I dont understand why people put up with this. Pellets and water do not mix which is why we stopped selling pellets in bags and now only sell pellets in returnable waterproof drums similar to those used in the pharmaceutical industry.

I'm really surprised to hear that they performed so poorly on your order. I had a problem with wet bags last year but they went out of their way to resolve the situation by sending a check to cover all damaged bags. In the end I was 100% satisfied.

I didn't order from them this year due to their prices being a bit high but I would use them again.

You should call again and explain the situation so they can address it but you might as well count the bad bags first because they're going to want to know how many to refund.

What smwilliamson said is all too true . . . . When you have to depend on subcontractors, bad things can happen.

I would also be very upset and would ask that all of the pellets be picked up and replaced with properly stored pellets.

I have purchased from pelletsales in the past and had very good luck.

This year I went with a local dealer who stores pellets INSIDE, had the brands I wanted, and has excellent customer service and delivery options.

Good luck and let us know.

Ranger

I would be very upset as well. Would be on the phone immediately for them to
get it straighten it out.

I purchased from them a few years ago with no issues but seems like their good reputation
has been sliding a bit lately.

In my experience they are very professional.....I would be extremely surprised if a phone call or email did not result in the fixing of your problem. They move thousands of tons, and I don't think they ever have a warehouse - so all pellets are "factory fresh", but that doesn't mean some goon on a forklift didn't accidentally snag a couple pallets that were under the roof leak in the makers storage facility, etc. etc.

I left a message last night, and I just called and so far, they seem very responsive. I spoke with Joyce and she is going to escalate it to Micheal, and she said it is a delivery issue, and that is not the way they do business, and she didn't blame me for being disappointed.

I explained how I wasn't really that pleased last year with the quality of the products, and that they looked like they had also been sitting outside, and maybe that is why I had so many fines (much more than any other brands) because they had sat out in the rain, the bags had swelled and by the time I got them, they had had time to dry out, and then I got bags of sawdust.

I told her how I wasn't really sure of the quality of the bags that weren't swollen, because I could feel the pellets and they were about bugger size.

She agreed it was not acceptable to call late the night before and say "were going to deliver your pellets tomorrow, call me if there is a problem"

I will wait for the call, and let you guys know what happens.

She

Okay, I just spoke with Micheal Scanlon, the product manager for my area, and he agreed to give me a credit for the 9 swollen bags I found, plus the entire other ton. So I will get a credit for 294.84.

He is going to pick up the other ton, and I told him I didn't want it taking up space in my driveway for weeks.

He initially wanted me to pick through the other ton, and pick out the bad bags, but I told him in no way did I want to do that. I didn't want the hassle of dealing with this, so he ended up giving me a credit for the 59 bags, and promising someone should pick up the other ton mid next week.

Based on the mediocre at best performance of these pellets last year, and the garbage I got this year, I don't want anything more from them this year.

He promised to give me a credit right away, and I will keep you guys informed of that.

I told him for the case of next year, someone should do some investigation, and find out how these pellets are stored and fix the problem, before I will buy from them again.

He said to call him next year before making my purchase. He also said that if I have any further problem with the ones I have to call him, so again, I will update you guys on that.

If they follow through with what they said they would do, I will be fairly satisfied with their response, and will let you know how things progress.

I am still disappointed with this hassle, but I am glad they have chosen to give good customer support on this.

I will be much more pleased once they do what they said they will do, and will get back and describe how they followed up with this.

Mark

I replaced the ton that woodpellets.com agreed to take back. So, I am done for quite a while with loading pellets.

Mark

mark d fellows said:
I replaced the ton that woodpellets.com agreed to take back. So, I am done for quite a while with loading pellets.

Mark

Just curious, you live in Wesminster and I am certain you have many local choices which are less expensive than woodpellets.com. Why don't you use local companies?

I have no truck, and a lot of the local companies charge outrageous fees to deliver considering the closeness of were they would have to deliver to me. However, I have discovered that in 3 trips, I can move a ton of pellets in my Mazda 3 hatchback, so now I can go that route!

mark d fellows said:
I have no truck, and a lot of the local companies charge outrageous fees to deliver considering the closeness of were they would have to deliver to me. However, I have discovered that in 3 trips, I can move a ton of pellets in my Mazda 3 hatchback, so now I can go that route!

Moving pellets in a mazda??? and when you need a tranny you will wish for a delivery and gladly pay. mazda@ 3 trips @666lbs is nuts. pellet people are a special breed for sure..... :)

woodsman23 said:
mark d fellows said:

Moving pellets in a mazda??? and when you need a tranny you will wish for a delivery and gladly pay. mazda@ 3 trips @666lbs is nuts. pellet people are a special breed for sure..... :)

You don't think my mazda can haul 666 pounds, with just me as a passenger? The car is designed to carry 5 adult occupents. at 200 a peice that is 1000lbs, plus if you have 200 lbs of groceries that is 1200 lbs of cargo. i am hauling 600 to 800 lbs plus myself. the car doesn't seem to bog at all.

mark d fellows said:
woodsman23 said:
mark d fellows said:

You don't think my mazda can haul 666 pounds, with just me as a passenger? The car is designed to carry 5 adult occupents. at 200 a peice that is 1000lbs, plus if you have 200 lbs of groceries that is 1200 lbs of cargo. i am hauling 600 to 800 lbs plus myself. the car doesn't seem to bog at all.

Hey mark i am not judging but 3 trips have to cost $$ even for a mazda and the tiime involved, but like i said us pellet folk do weirder things everyday. i have on occasion put 500 lbs in the back of my wifes rav4 and while it hold them with no issues i do not want to temp fate.... then again i put a ton in my 150 and it scoches down mighty low...

woodsman23 said:
mark d fellows said:
woodsman23 said:
mark d fellows said:

Hey mark i am not judging but 3 trips have to cost $$ even for a mazda and the tiime involved, but like i said us pellet folk do weirder things everyday. i have on occasion put 500 lbs in the back of my wifes rav4 and while it hold them with no issues i do not want to temp fate.... then again i put a ton in my 150 and it scoches down mighty low...

I did check the door sticker and it does say to not exceed a total interior cargo of 850 LBS, so the 800 lbs of pellets plus myself I did today, was too much, but 16 bags at 640 lbs, plus myself at 170lbs really shouldn't be a problem if I load it properly. I do make every attempt to load the pellets as close the front seats as possible to better distribute the load. I don't think the transmission is the issue at all. If anything, I worry about the suspension and tires.

I would bet much more people overload their pickup trucks than do people with cars. I have seen plenty of tires sagging on pick up trucks.

Yes it certainly cost me some gas money and time, but it is cheaper than renting a pickup truck and doing 3 trips, and some people were trying to charge 180.00 for delivery. It was ridiculous.

I may eventually get a truck, but in the mean time, rather than being forced into a corner, I have no problem loading up my mazda 3 once a year.

Mark :)

After my produce hauling business didn't work I got into the tour bus business...

Attachments

• overloaded-car.jpg
    overloaded-car.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 926
  • overloaded bus.jpg
    overloaded bus.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 905
After we pick-up imacman and jtakeman we're heading for BTU's to get some Okie's....
overloadedbus.jpg

Hey Mac... I hope to hell your Englander stove can handle long pellets..

longpellet.jpg

Yep, that is what i was thinking when I loaded the pellets. If they can load those cars down like that in India, and Mexico, I can do it here also!

Next time we ARE NOT buying in bulk....

hugeoversizepelletload.jpg

krooser said:
Next time we ARE NOT buying in bulk....

hugeoversizepelletload.jpg

Very cool pictures!

Status
Not open for further replies.