This is truly frightening...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

innkeeper

Nov 21, 2008
midcoast maine
Quiet morning at the inn today and I was surfing through some woodburning videos. I ran across this and was amazed. Had to share. It is long but worth the time spent especially for anyone even thinking about burning green wood. Prepare yourselves.

Do you mean this one?

(Copy the link from your browser's address bar, click on the little film strip icon above the posting box and paste the link in there.)

Reactions: Adios Pantalones
Looks like he could learn how to sharpen his saw too.....

Would be an excellent parody if it wasn't serious.

Apparently its not very cold there, or he just might freeze to death before he gets any heat.

I skimmed video. Is this serious? Pretty funny , why not just toss a match book in every 30 seconds

At the 35 minute mark his fan he was using shorted out and caught fire. The flames probably created more heat than his stove full of that mess he was making in his stove.

Why not just put a leaf blower in the stove? Jeez. At the end he says he doesnt have the money to buy a cord of wood. Well, why not take that roadside wood and season it for future use...costs the same as what you're doing now! A super ceder and some dry wood would have saved him enough time to go wash his hair.

Why not just put a leaf blower in the stove? Jeez. At the end he says he doesnt have the money to buy a cord of wood. Well, why not take that roadside wood and season it for future use...costs the same as what you're doing now! A super ceder and some dry wood would have saved him enough time to go wash his hair.
Gives low down disgusting trash picking scroungers a bad name with that attitude.

Wow, nice dull chain saw. That part is scary on its own. Any guesses as what that flexi-exhaust pipe to the right of the stove is? Please don't tell me that's his version of single wall pipe.

Gee why didnt i think to throw a WET pile of wood chips from the chainsaw mixed with SNOW AND ICE into my stove next time. See ya learned sumpin new evy da

Any guesses as what that flexi-exhaust pipe to the right of the stove is? Please don't tell me that's his version of single wall pipe.
Thats his Outside air kit. Obviously, the duct tape is a dead give away!;lol

I swear that when he stuck that blower in the stove it sucked in the smoke and a spark in it set it off.

I love how at the 26 minute mark he is talking about a "fast hot fire"! I would have already given up, on wood burning completely by now! But he held in there, after 45 minutes, a fire that didn't even need forced air to burn a little! Good Job! And all without even hyperventilating!

And he could smoke meat in that room all from that smoke that would have just been wasted up the chimney.

I don't have 40 min to start a fire. At min 34, he begins to smash the stove and fire with a stick to get it going. That is the method monkeys usually use to put out fires. They don't have dreadlocks.

Last edited:
Reactions: webby3650
I can' t imagine what his "little friend" gets hooked up to after a fire ever gets started....keep on smoking Bro...

I think I learned a new word from the Professor here. At ~03:33 I seem to have heard him refer to the contents of his bucket full of sawdust snow and ice as being sufficiently "atomorized". I may not be spelling that correctly. But who's ever going to know? :rolleyes:

Reactions: BrotherBart
I know fossil. I laughed at that one too.

youtube.com needs an intelligence test on the front end before you can upload. >> Maybe something like what is six plus nine.

Reactions: fossil
Well, you guys can laugh, but I learned something really valuable. I'm going to dry and pre-warm my "new stock" wood on top of my stove from now on.

Reactions: Sealcove
Status
Not open for further replies.