This is why I burn Wood Pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Different strokes for different folkes. I'll stick with my boiler and burn either, although I'd never buy pellets.

It's all good in my book . . . some folks would do better with pellets and some folks would do better with wood. There are pros and cons with both . . . however comparing the price of the grocery store plastic wrapped wood for those folks looking to have a fire in their fireplace once or twice in a winter to the price of wood pellets isn't exactly comparing apples to apples since as many folks mentioned very few (OK, no one) who heats their home with a woodstove buys wood that way.

I will not go into the pros and cons of pellets vs. wood . . . because as I said . . . it's all good . . . just what works for one person doesn't work for another and vice versa.

my feeling are if you have to buy your wood
pellets would be a better deal

if your wood is free
wood is probably better

pellets are easy and convienent
wood gets you outdoors and off your butt

I burn pellets for heating and
I spend time in my woods
cutting and stacking wood for fun
then I try to give it away
but noone ever comes to get it
so it rots hwhere it is stacked