This is why we do it!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Henz

Mar 23, 2006
Northville, NY
Yup, these temps the past few nights into the sub-zero digits for many is why we toil over our woodpiles all year long..Those early spring days of felling/bucking and splitting 7 months of the year (for me)! Gotta love it! These woodstoves help us get through these sub-zero days and nights, if it werent for my Olympic I would have icecicles hanging from my nose!
Now, the house stayed pretty decent while we were awake last night, had some decent coals left from the days burning and didnt need to even add kindling..Got home at 6ish last night, threw on 5 splits and let the stove get up to 500 degrees before dampening her down..77 degrees when I added another load before bed at 10pm.. However, even though my thermostat read 77 degrees, it still felt like 68 to me! cold floors!

Status
Not open for further replies.