This looks interesting...Husqvarna 288/288XP for parts

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thistle

Minister of Fire
Dec 16, 2010
Central IA
Work him down on the price a little, and pull the trigger. That'd be a dandy saw, like MM said it's probably an easy fix...almost sounds like an air leak at either the carb or the crank seals....

Mine is one of the earliest ones made from July 1988 (some say better built than the last 2-3 yrs of production) & it runs perfectly.Older than this one by 7-8 yrs & much better shape cosmetically,not that mine's a shelf queen ;lol Am tempted to scrape up the cash just to have it for parts though.

Reactions: ScotO
Mine is one of the earliest ones made from July 1988 (some say better built than the last 2-3 yrs of production) & it runs perfectly.Older than this one by 7-8 yrs & much better shape cosmetically,not that mine's a shelf queen ;lol Am tempted to scrape up the cash just to have it for parts though.
I'm betting you, if you put a set of new crank seals (heck my might as well spend twenty more bucks while it's torn apart and re-ring it too) that saw would be a runner.....

Reactions: JOHN BOY
"Uhmmm Dad,yeah its me Jon. I need a small favor,can I borrow 150 bucks for a few weeks?"

"Are you OK? Do need food,money for utilities,phone bill,medical stuff,work clothes or is your truck broke down?"

"Uh not exactly.I'm fine,nothing's wrong..See there's this parts saw I seen on Craigslis.........." *click........ dial tone*

;)

Reactions: JOHN BOY and ScotO
The 288 or 288xp are very easy to work on too . Not much trouble at all. Iam thinking to both should be easy fixes. 90 CC'S here thisle oooh la la !;) Could easily sell one back on ebay for 400.00 too !

Status
Not open for further replies.