This Man must have enough Wood!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ha! there have been times where doing that has crossed my mind... we live in the village, just inside of the 30mph limit. people fly by here at 60+ mph, especially the big trucks. of course i have only thought about it, never would actually do it.

My former home was on a gravel road and a popular route for gravel trucks. Those guys have no respect for safety or common courtesy and for them time is money. They beat the road into washboard and raised so much dust I had to keep the windows closed all Summer. The rattling of the trucks flying over the washboard nearly drove me to desperate measures. Forget about complaining to the township or the police. They wouldn't put down calcium and the police didn't have time to patrol the road despite the fact I had two neighbors that were policemen. I feel sorry for the guy that got arrested.

Carbon_Liberator said:
The news clip doesn't say whether it was pine or oak, I'm sure the fine would be more substantial if it was oak.

lol...don't think there is much if any oak in the north country.

Carbon_Liberator said:
The news clip doesn't say whether it was pine or oak, I'm sure the fine would be more substantial if it was oak.
If it was Pine, he'd have an insanity defense.

I don't care how much he was inconvenienced, F him, my wife could have killed herself avoiding a chunk of wood like that. He should say a prayer he ran into a a decent truck driver that just reported him...I would have cut his balls off. Pale faces that act like uncivilized like that I throw down on.

He might have wood but certainly not brains. He is no closer to solving the problem than when he started.

I'm not sure what "north country" you're familiar with, but from malone in an arc down through plattsburgh, peru, keeseville on down to westport there's lots and lots of oak- white and red. there's also lots of almost pure oak stands in that region and throughout the adirondacks. Most common of course is beech/maple forest, then oak/ash/birch etc, with a scattering of eastern white pine thoughout.

berlin said:
I'm not sure what "north country" you're familiar with, but from malone in an arc down through plattsburgh, peru, keeseville on down to westport there's lots and lots of oak- white and red. there's also lots of almost pure oak stands in that region and throughout the adirondacks. Most common of course is beech/maple forest, then oak/ash/birch etc, with a scattering of eastern white pine thoughout.

In the central part of the park at 2500 ft, we have mostly beech, maple, ash and pine.

im right outside of malone, and can only speak for my father in laws property, but there is ZERO oak. he says it all got some disease years ago and died.

Status
Not open for further replies.