This mess is for the lazy guys out there...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 29, 2013
Goldstake, WA
I never have the patience to stack anything :eek: This is all from the national forest across the street from my house and was procured this week. Too lazy to do anything but chuck it all into the shed.

Hy1gD3M.jpg

9xi2Osk.jpg

you got enough space to split those rounds where they lay...... and you have air flowing through the wood shed........ and it is some sort of fast drying spruce or pine
but hey, as far as I know you might be too lazy to go out there and get it to burn it when it gets cold. :p

I'm not the most ambitious guy but I do like looking at rows of stacked splits. ==c
I also like my wood real dry and I'm not far enough ahead to leave any rounds unsplit at this point.

Oh, i plan on splitting them all this week. I was just talking about the general disarray. I see so many nice stacks here and then i see my pile and feel like less of a woodsman :eek: The shed gets good airflow and we're in NE Washington so the next 2+ months will be dry and hot

I'm not even sure what all types of wood. Some is ponderosa pine and fir. Not sure what the lighter bark is, i found that and a higher elevation than i normal go.

Stacking helps the wood dry better & even.
Which, promotes better & cleaner burning.
Also takes up less space .

If you cut & split wood, you're not lazy
So you can't use "Lazy" as an excuse to not stack the wood . LOL
An ugly stack of wood is a beautiful thing ;)

Nice shed & scenery :)

Thanks...I tried to stack the splits last year and it was a mess because the floor of the shed slopes and is uneven. One of my plans this season was to level the whole thing and possibly pour a concrete floor or lay new wood but that never happened :eek:

You can still stack on an uneven floor if its a dirt floor. I have some stacks running uphill.!!!
Just put a couple of old junky pieces of wood at the uneven spots to kind of level it out .
Hurry up now, you're running out of time for seasoning.;)

Reactions: red oak
Yea i use to not know how to stack then i saw some stacks on here and got the same idea they use. When your stack starts to lean...say foward put a pice that will lift it back level, perpendicular to the other piecs of wood. There is nothing to say that your stacks and splits have to all be parallel to each other. I spend all holiday doing work outside, including getting a bit of wood, splittiing about 3/4 of a cord friday afternoon and stacking and moveing stacks of wood around and into my shed. I too am lazy in your deffinition about dump it and do it later.

Reactions: red oak
Yea i use to not know how to stack then i saw some stacks on here and got the same idea they use. When your stack starts to lean...say foward put a pice that will lift it back level, perpendicular to the other piecs of wood. There is nothing to say that your stacks and splits have to all be parallel to each other. I spend all holiday doing work outside, including getting a bit of wood, splittiing about 3/4 of a cord friday afternoon and stacking and moveing stacks of wood around and into my shed. I too am lazy in your deffinition about dump it and do it later.

+1. I stack outside on a hill. Stacks have a permanent lean but using uneven pieces is a way to make it lean the way you want, or to make everything straight. As long as it stays up it is all good.

Status
Not open for further replies.