this model looks scary

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
another model group
BcwOWOaCMAEpClu.jpg

Here's another accumulated precipitation model for you. It only goes up to Sat. @ 06Z. I'm terrible at reading these things, but it looks like they are forecasting less precip. to me.

http://wxweb.meteostar.com/models/ipsm_looper.php?PROD=2013123006_CON_GFS_SFC_ACCUMPRECIP

Thats probably precipitation in inches of water. When it comes down as snow they use a conversion factor based on the temperature to predict the snow total. Its giong to be really cold up here so that ratio is going to be something like 10in for every in of water or more........

Thats probably precipitation in inches of water. When it comes down as snow they use a conversion factor based on the temperature to predict the snow total. Its giong to be really cold up here so that ratio is going to be something like 10in for every in of water or more........
Ah, I forgot about that. I told you I was terrible at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.