This morning I measured my stacks!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Diabel

Minister of Fire
Jan 11, 2008
Ottawa, ON
66x31x48
82x42x221
36x130x39
52x31x84

I should be ok this winter!

I wish this could be all one nice stack but space/wife is my problem 8-/ They have to be placed strategically out of sight yet with proper exposure.

681.27 cu.ft or 5.32 cords

I dunno. I think, if I were you, I'd be more comfortable knowing I had at least 5.372 cords on hand. Go get yourself another 6.656 cubic feet of wood, and you should be good. Oh, and yeah, my wife's kind of a space case too. Rick

Thanks Zamboni, you confirmed my calc. I can't believe most of it was scrounged!
Hey fossil I hope to get another 6.656cf this fall! As for the wife & HER space....she's only complaining in the summer months! Tonight she likes her 75* along with HER plasma!

fossil said:
I dunno. I think, if I were you, I'd be more comfortable knowing I had at least 5.372 cords on hand. Go get yourself another 6.656 cubic feet of wood, and you should be good. Oh, and yeah, my wife's kind of a space case too. Rick

I was assuming his splitting/stacking was not with the same level of precision you demand.

Status
Not open for further replies.