This morning I woke up to

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pallet Pete

SNOW ;ex:) I love winter and the reason we now it is finally here we also woke up to a beautiful hot coal bed from half a load at 9:30 last night. This starts to happen when it gets colder and the snow starts to fly around here. When I walked outside it felt crisp and clear and I could smell a couple others around town using there stove. Right now it is 28F and feelslike 16F with a 6 mph wind absolutely beautiful out. This is a good sign for winter I think instead of a crappy warm nasty November like last year we may actually get some snowfall and cold. It hopefully will get better from here ;)

Pete

Attachments

• IMG_0149.jpg
    IMG_0149.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_0150.jpg
    IMG_0150.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 164
Hi Pete,
It is the same over here in Fruitport, Great to see the snow. This is my first post, I have been enjoying all the information on this site the last couple of days. This is my wife and I's 4th winter burning and we love it. We are heating our around 80% with wood learning as we go.

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Welcome Mackj to the forum ! I agree it is such a good thing to see snow after last years ugly mess of mud and rain. Seriously who gets rain in January !

Pete

Welcome to the site Mackj. Trying to figure in my head where fruitport is? I'm sure I was there at one time or another? Lol....

Same here Pete, light snow , crisp morning but warm inside! :)

YOU LUCKY BUGGERS!! You know who cannot WAIT for a big snow?? THIS GUY RIGHT HERE!
I am hoping for at least a dusting overnight tonight, tomorrow is the opener for PA rifle deer season, I'd LOVE to see some tracking snow!

Reactions: Pallet Pete
Thanks Guys,
I am on the west side in a rural area not far from Grand Rapids. Scott I was born and raised in Pa In fact I recently returned from 2 weeks bowhunting there. Good Luck tomorrow! My step dad will be out. I will be hunting behind my house this evening.

Reactions: ScotO
Scotty, you know you can't go play yet. Jeesh.
Pete, coming home from downstate yesterday was a mix of snow/no snow. Snowed last night and we awoke to pretty much the same as you.
It's been snowing all morning.
Mackj. welcome to the Hearth. Good luck on the hunt.

Reactions: ScotO
Pete, coming home from downstate yesterday was a mix of snow/no snow. Snowed last night and we awoke to pretty much the same as you.
Dammit I'm sneaking out and hunting for deer, anyway. DON'T YOU DARE TELL HER, EITHER!:p

Welcome to the forum Mackj. Pull up a chair and make yourself at home.

We made it through the day and still some snow on the ground Dave its such a relief to see some snow down here. ;) I really was getting worried we may have another mud winter which is just plain depressing ;ex

Pete

Thanks Guys,
I am on the west side in a rural area not far from Grand Rapids. Scott I was born and raised in Pa In fact I recently returned from 2 weeks bowhunting there. Good Luck tomorrow! My step dad will be out. I will be hunting behind my house this evening.

Setting on the porch beer and rifle in hand :p. I have a lot of friends out that way Mackj it is a real pretty part of the state !

Pete

Status
Not open for further replies.